Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lancelot's Lady 
by Cherish D'Angelo
Book Review
by Margay


A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

When palliative care nurse Rhianna McLeod is given a gift of a dream holiday to the Bahamas from her dying patient, billionaire JT Lance, she has no idea that her 'holiday' will include being stranded on a private island with Jonathan, an irritating but irresistibly handsome recluse. Or that she'll fall head over heels for the man.

Jonathan isn't happy to discover a drop-dead gorgeous redhead has invaded his island. But his anger soon turns to attraction. After one failed marriage, he has guarded his heart, but Rhianna's sudden appearance makes him yearn to throw caution to the wind. To live fully in the present, Rhianna must resolve her own murky past, unravel the secret that haunts JT, foil the plans of a sleazy, blackmailing private investigator and help Jonathan find his muse. Only then can Rhianna find the love she's been searching for, and finally become...Lancelot's Lady.

Note: Book received from the author for review.

My review:

Anybody who reads this blog knows that my favorite genres to read (and write!) are of the more romantic variety, whether it's historical, contemporary or paranormal (and sometimes YA!). That being said, I don't usually foray into romantic suspense - unless something about it catches my eye. Such was the case when I was approached by the author of Lancelot's Lady with a request to review her book. Immediately, I was drawn in by the title of the book - and visions of the knights of the round table (yeah, I had a King Arthur thing in my youth - okay, it was really Lancelot I liked!). And although it wasn't filled with actual knights in shining armor, there was an interesting nod to the legend of Arthur that I won't spoil here. If you want to know what it is, you will have to read it for yourself!

So it was with great anticipation that I started to read Lancelot's Lady - and kept reading. This story was so well paced, I read the bulk of it in one night. Words just flowed off the page, characters worked their magic - with the help of a great tropical setting - and I was entranced. I found myself rooting for Rhianna and Jonathan to overcome their differences to be together, screaming at the bad guy who wanted to mess things up for them, and wondering what the heck was really going on with Rhianna's billionaire boss.

This book will keep you guessing until the very end and the payoff is very satisfying. So if you like romantic suspense, exotic locales, and characters that practically burn up the pages with their chemistry, then do yourself a favor and read Lancelot's Lady. I'm glad I did.





6 Moonbeams (comments):

Cheryl Tardif said...

Thank you so much for this awesome review. I am so glad you enjoyed Lancelot's Lady...and that my references to the knight in shining armor weren't lost on you. ;-)

All the best in success!

Cherish

Pam S (pams00) said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Lancelot's Lady.

I am very intrigued by your mention of Author and the knights of the round table. Admittedly, that is what I thought of as well when I saw the title. Can't wait to read this !

Pam S
pams00 @ aol.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent review. This book seems to capture readers who wouldn't usually read this genre...and end up loving it. :)

jmfictionscribe at yahoo.com.au

Cheryl Tardif said...

Pam, I'm a sneaky writer. hehe

Jaime, you're so right. I can't believe how many people said they didn't normally read romantic suspense (because they didn't usually enjoy it). Then they read Lancelot's Lady and gave rave reviews. I so love converting people to the dark and steamy side. lol

Cherish

Sarah Coulsey said...

I am playing catch up!! I had a wedding to go to and got behind. Sometimes even stalkers take a break!!!

P.s Thank you for stalking me!!!

sarahcoulsey03 at gmail dot com

Margay Leah Justice said...

So happy you enjoyed the review!
Margay