Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mystic Monday

Before we begin, I must remind everyone of the Moonlight Mistresses boring rule to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – *eye roll*. However, they haven’t seemed to care about double entendres, so let them fly!

My guests today are Voss, the Viscount Dewhurst, and Angelica Woodmore – please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from London. Their tale can be found in The Vampire Voss a novel creation by Colleen Gleason.

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, *

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches! - AINE


AINE: Please, Voss, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

VOSS: It was a bit of both, actually. I was looking for her, because I’d heard rumors about this young Society miss with a touch of the Gypsy Sight…but before I found her, she came barreling up to me and my friend, Lord Brickbank, at a ball. Unfortunately…she was more interested in Brickbank than she was in me. Of course, I soon changed that.

AINE: Angelica, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

ANGELICA: I found him delightful, ever so charming and certainly dangerous. In fact, I knew from the moment I met Voss that I’d best stay away from a rake such as he.

AINE: Truly women are attracted to bad boys… Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you both feel about this?

ANGELICA: We were at a masquerade ball when a terrible, frightening event happened. By the time I realized what was going on, and that I was in danger myself, Voss had whisked me away—ostensibly to protect me. But, as I learned later, he had an ulterior motive.

VOSS: Well, now, darling, you know that it all worked out in the end.

AINE: Sounds intriguing! Voss, would you say that your relationship developed easily or would you say there was some reluctance?

VOSS: It’s quite rare—in fact, it’s impossible—for a woman to feel reluctance toward me. After all, I’m rich, handsome, charming…and I have this little advantage called a vampire thrall. However, for the first time in my life, things weren’t quite as easy with Angelica.

AINE: How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

ANGELICA: I had just begun to feel as if Voss might be someone special when something horrible happened. I don’t even want to talk about it now, let alone remember it.

VOSS: Darling….

ANGELICA: No, no, I’m sorry for even bringing it up. It was a long time ago and it’s over now.

AINE: Voss, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Angelica?

VOSS: Erm…that would be my lust for human blood. You see, I am a vampire. An immortal. And…er…perhaps my insatiable lust for women. All women. Any wom—

ANGELICA: Oh really?

VOSS: Well, not anymore, darling. Not since I met you.

AINE: This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

ANGELICA: Wayren was quite instrumental in our courtship, in her own odd way.

VOSS: I cannot argue with that. And I think we ought to thank Dimitri as well. If he hadn’t been so blasted determined to keep me away from you. And your brother Chas as well. And then there’s Rubey—

ANGELICA: Yes, it was quite a group effort, wasn’t it?

AINE: I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Angelica, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Voss would _____?" *leans forward to eagerly hear response*

ANGELICA: I wish Voss would take me riding. Er, I mean, horseback riding. *blushes *

AINE: Well, not everyone is into horseplay, but I here there are societies devoted to that sort of thing. Voss, would you prefer to give Angelica a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

VOSS: Why, both of course. *leers charmingly * At the same time. Or not.

AINE: *fanning herself with her interview papers* Moving on, how many of you readers remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Let’s see how well you two know each other. Voss, what would Angelica say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

VOSS: I’m afraid I don’t know anything about a Newlywed Game. We…er…don’t have television in 19th century London. However, I’m certain Angelica would confess that my aphrodisiac is the scent of her. We vampires have very strong senses of smell you know. The first moment she walked past me—intent on speaking to that boulder-head Brickbank—and I caught a whiff of her, I was lost.

AINE: Angelica, did he correctly guess your answer? How would you have answered that question?

ANGELICA: Lost? Not quite, darling. As I recall, you really only wanted me for my Gypsy blood. Not my scent.

VOSS: Not true at all, my love. I only wanted you for your Gypsy blood before I met you. Then I just wanted you. And I still do. Only. And always.

AINE: Boy, is it warm in here, or is it just me? *Readjusts her position in the chair* It’s time to cool things off just a tad. Angelica, as far as you know, what is Voss’s idea of a perfect date?

ANGELICA: Anything in which he can unlace my corset. And remove it.

AINE: VOSS, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

VOSS: She’s spot on as usual.

AINE: VOSS, your turn in the hot seat. What is Angelica’s idea of a perfect date?

VOSS: Anything in which I can unlace and remove her corset, of course.

AINE: Angelica, is he correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

ANGELICA: *rolling eyes * Of course, my dear. I don’t even know why I own all the clothing I do if that’s all you want from me.

AINE: Hmm…do I smell a hint of sarcasm there? Okay, I want to switch gears just a bit. March has close connections to Ireland, and as many of us acknowledge, Ireland is steeped in myths and mysticism, as are many Native American tribal beliefs. Angelica, VOSS, do you believe in this type of mysticism? Have you had any experiences that helped you develop these beliefs?

ANGELICA: Considering the fact that I was born with the Gypsy Sight…

VOSS: …and that I am a vampire…

ANGELICA & VOSS together: …the answer would be a resounding yes.

AINE: So refreshing! Angelica, Voss, do you believe in fate and destiny or are most things just a happenstance of coincidence? Why do you feel the way you do?

ANGELICA: The way we came together, the things that happened that allowed us to work things out…I can’t help but believe there’s some sort of element of destiny involved.

VOSS: By the fates, I couldn’t agree more.

AINE: True harmony! Angelica, Voss, where do you see yourselves in 5 years?

ANGELICA: On a small estate in the country, watching our children frolic in the sun.

VOSS: How many children? *eyeing her with interest *

ANGELICA: *smiling impishly * As many as you’ll give me.

AINE: I’m sorry folks, but that’s all the time we have for today. Thanks to Voss and Angelica for joining us today and giving us some great answers. We hope you’ll check out their story, The Vampire Voss.

To learn more about their author, Colleen Gleason,
visit her website: www.colleengleason.com

0 Moonbeams (comments):