Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wistful Wednesday



Lacrimosa: Review


I wanted to like this book, I really did. It had everything I love: a paranormal theme, angels, demons, kickass heroines and to die for heroes. Unfortunately, they just didn't work for me in this story. I think part of the problem might be that the formatting of the book was so bad, I felt disconnected from the story. The main problem with the formatting was the fact that it went from a larger size font to a very small font at the beginning of every chapter and in so doing, chopped off some important pieces. The big font always ended in the middle of a sentence and the small font always began at the beginning of a new paragraph - with nothing linking it to what was previously read. If this happened only once, I would have forgiven it and marked it off to a glitch in the formatting. But where it happened with such frequency, I couldn't overlook it. As a result, I spent more time trying to adjust to the issues than getting to know the characters and that's bad. The last thing an author wants is for their readers to be alienated from their characters, especially so early on in the story. I found myself so frustrated with the formatting issues that I quickly lost interest in Nesy and her quest.

Sadly, for me, this was a DNF.


0 Moonbeams (comments):