Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, September 11, 2009

Guilty Pleasures....

Hi, everyone! I hope your week has been awesome. Mine has been filled with football, family chaos of seismic proportions I never want to repeat—ever…ever…ever again!—2nd and 6th grade homework, and family visiting from out of town…again!

So, my topic for the week…guilty pleasures, which is defined as: “A guilty pleasure is something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. Often, the ‘guilt’ involved is simply fear of others discovering one’s lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, rather than actual moral guilt. Fashion, music, and food (especially unhealthier foods high in sugar and/or fat) can be examples of guilty pleasures.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_pleasure


Song: Guilty Pleasures by Cobra Starship


I thought I’d do a countdown of my ten guilty pleasures:


10. Eating an entire box of chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. The thought is almost orgasmic! If only I wouldn’t gain an ounce. I gain at least five pounds when I drive by Krispy Kreme and by chance get a wisp of the sweet smell. I’m kind of like a blowfish that way. It’s so not fair.

9. Silky/lacy undergarments. I am a sucker for pretty panties and bras. If only I enjoyed actually wearing them. Strange, I know, but I wish I enjoyed wearing them as much as I enjoyed looking at them.

8. Starbucks Iced Mocha. Not decaf, not non-fat, but the real deal! I want all the sugar, carbs and fat! Mmmm….mmmm….lip-smacking good! Some sins are worth gaining a pound or two over.


7. Reading a romance book that turns me on. I believe that guilty pleasure needs no further comments.

6. Papa Roach’s song I Almost Told You That I Loved You. *hangs head in shame* I admit the first time I heard it on the Octane channel I laughed. It’s not an appropriate song for my children, but I so love this song and all its rude crudeness!

I Almost Told You That I Loved You by PapaRoach (Warning: Explicit)

5. Buying something I do not need, like a new garment, or make up, or new nail polish. *big grin* My newest nail color is blue. I love it and my husband hates it! LOL My sons like it though, so proof my husband *cough-Stick-In-The-Mud-cough* doesn’t have taste!

4. Singing at the top of my lungs to my Bon Jovi CD! Oh, Lord, the shame of that admission and how telling it is of my age! LOL That man makes my heart pitter-patter. *sighs*

3. When karma becomes a bitch for someone who deserves it. Does that make me mean or spiteful? Probably, but I don’t care. Some people just deserve to be bitch-slapped with karma.

2. Watching Nip/Tuck and Sons of Anarchy with my husband.

1. Lusting after Dean Winchester…er…Jensen Ackles…oh, whatever the hell his name is. He’s Dean Winchester on the television show Supernatural and that’s all I need to hear to thrust my mind into an unending erotic fantasy! I'm almost certain God wants me to have Dean Winchester for being such a good little girl. ;-) Hey, it's my fantasy, don't ruin it! :D



Tag! You're it!! Don’t be shy, we all have them, and now it's your turn to confess all your secrets…ahem…I mean guilty pleasures. ;-)


Have a great weekend!

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

I absolutely love Saving Abel's 'Addicted', though I was mildly stunned when I heard the uncensored version:) And Linkin Park's 'The New Divide'...don't know what it is about the song. And the K and I heard a cool rap song that was soooooo all about sex "We in the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn..." (repeat 4x's) Soooo innappropriate for me to be singing it with my teens, ha ha! But it's got a great beat, even if the words are...more appropriate for the college set...am I showing MY age?

I'm 'lusting' after Jeff on Big Brother, and Dr. Will from BB All-Stars.

And yeah...I sing loudly and badly to anything on the radio! Didja catch my Journey party last Thursday, ha ha? Drove most of my FaceBook friends to the bars...

Carrie said...

Guilty Pleasures, huh?

5. Eating a Heath Toffee Bar (or ice cream bar) with a Capital Baltic Porter (a great craft beer from a local brewery)
4. Watching Carey Grant movies
3. Eating baked potatoes slathered in butter (or margarine) and Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar or Co-Jack Cheese (always very tangy) with lite sour cream
2. Reading about Eve and Roarke (some would call it just a pleasure!)
1. Kisses from my DH in public! (okay not the little peck on the cheek kind - see we're not all that into public displays of affection [mostly because we don't necessarily want to see anyone else's] outside of holding hands, which is fine with me)

Well, that's about the best I can do!

Carrie said...

Okay, I forgot one HUGE guilty pleasure! Andrew Bogut of the Milwaukee Bucks!

He's the best center we've had in quite some time. He's seven feet tall and from Australia and watching him scrapping for the ball, blocking shots, and dunking is kind of exhilarating to say the least!

Sheila Deeth said...

No no. It's got to be a hot mocha to be real...

Anonymous said...

There is NO shame in Bon Jovi!

Gracen Miller said...

No, there is no shame in Bon Jovi, so says the anonymous poster! lol I am just kidding! I don't have shame that I love Bon Jovi, but more to the point, that I sing as loud as I can to his songs and very off key! lol My kids are fond of telling me how poorly I sing. Evil brats! :D And I adore Jon Bon Jovi, think he's super sexy, and has gotten better with age.

Molly, I love Saving Abel's "Addicted" also, except I have the non-edited version of the CD. lol

Carrie, I haven't had a Heath Bar in ages! Sounds good!

Sheila, I'll take that mocha hot or cold, although I'm on an "iced" craze here lately. lol I love coffee of any nature and drink entirely too much of the stuff! There is NOT life before coffee! I'm walking proof of that in the mornings. ;-)

Thanks for the comments everyone!