Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions

It's that time of year again! The time of year when we make impossible to keep promises to ourselves with the happily optimistic belief that we are actually going to follow through with them. You guessed it. New Year's Resolutions!


Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we reach for the impossible when the possible is just around the corner? Why do we make it so hard for ourselves and then rail at ourselves when we can't keep the promises made?

These are but some of the questions I have contemplated over the years in regards to resolutions and I have never found satisfactory answers. So I came up with a solution instead. I stopped making resolutions. Or you could say that my New Year's resolution is not to make a resolution. And let me tell you, it is the best one I have ever made. Why? Because it is the easiest one to keep. When you set out not to make an impossible promise to yourself, it takes no effort to complete. Each year is a success. What better way to start a new year than with something that is so easily achieved?

What about you? How do you feel about New Year's resolutions? And what promises will you make to yourself this year?

Go easy on yourselves this year. Let's start out the new decade on a positive, easy note!

Happy New Year!!

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

Instead of resolutions, I make goals:) The last two years, these have been simple ones:
-write
-submit
-get contract

Happy New Year!

Rebecca J Vickery said...

Hi Margay,

Like you, I think New Year's Resolutions are hard to keep because we make them so complicated. For the last few years I have settled on one simple thing every year and I'm much happier.

My resolution for this year is to be sure I "pay it forward" as often as possible. That's a win-win situation. I feel good for helping someone and the recipient is happy someone cares.

Have a Blessed New Year!

Carrie said...

Yeah, simple resolutions are best!

Happy New Year!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Molly, that is the best thing. Goals are much easier to shoot for than resolutions. I think that word - resolutions - is what sets us up for failure.
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

I like the idea of paying it forward, Rebecca!
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

I agree, Carrie. Simple is always best.
Margay