Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, January 15, 2010

PHANTASM FRIDAY

BETTY ANN HARRIS' SPECIAL AGENT SERIES




Instead of getting me today, I'm bringing to you a special guest blogger instead. So, please welcome Betty Ann Harris and her Special Agent Series!
~~~~~~
I'm romance author, Betty Ann Harris, and I write the Special Agent Series of books for Red Rose Publishing. If you're not familiar with the series, here's the rundown. My FBI special agents, from the cool California, blue-eyed and deeply sensitive Tom Owens from the first book, Eureka Point, to the sexy James Kelly, from the newly released The Darkhorse Conspiracy, are all at the top of their game and are the types of agents I'd want protecting me.

Second, came the ruggedly handsome and deeply romantic Stephen O'Leary, from My Very Special Agent, and if you read the book, you'll find out just what makes him so special (wink). Set for release early next year is the fourth book in the series, titled Agent of Mercy, and you'll get to meet undercover agent Sam Blake, whose sympathy for the woman he is supposed to bring down may just get him murdered in the process.

All the books in this series are guaranteed to give you your fill of romance and suspense. You'll be sitting on the edge of your seat as you read on to find out what danger lurks around each corner and what twists and turns are in store for the beautiful women these agents are assigned to protect.

The Special Agent Series books are available at Red Rose Publishing at this link:

MY VERY SPECIAL AGENT
The Special Agent Series: Book 2
Betty Ann Harris

Erotic Romance: Contemporary, Suspense/Mystery
ISBN: 978-1-60435-069-2
Cover Artist: Rae Monet Designs, Inc.
Editor: Rachael D. Thompson
Word Count: 13,790
Release Date: April 10, 2008

Publisher: Red Rose Publishing http://www.redrosepublishing.com/
Buy Link: http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?cPath=76_86&products_id=140

EXCERPT:

The first light of morning gently woke me from the warm comfort of slumber. Maggie was there beside me, still asleep. She was beautiful. I wondered if I was dreaming. All the years I had spent alone, waiting for her, and now she was here, and she loved me. I loved her beyond words.

I slowly got up, not wanting to wake her, and pulled on my jeans and shirt. I went outside and stood on the front porch, admiring the magnificence of the sunrise. It was going to be another beautiful day. I had just turned to go back inside when a shot rang out through the thin morning air and a bullet tore through a log at the corner of the front of the cabin. I flew in the doorway, slammed the door, and locked it.

Maggie sat up with terror in her eyes. "Oh my God, no, no. It's him, I know it's him."

"Maggie, go upstairs now and lock your door!"

"Not without you. We can call the police from the bedroom."

"Maggie, I know what I’m doing. You go up and lock the door. I have to radio headquarters, and they'll alert the local authorities. I'll be up in two minutes, I promise. Now go! Now!"

Finally she ran up the stairs. After I radioed headquarters, I grabbed my gun and ran upstairs. I only knocked once before the door flew open and a frightened Maggie flew into my arms. I pushed her back into the room and slammed the door, locking it.

I crouched down below the front window and slowly rose to peer outside. An orange form caught my eye. A man in an orange hunting suit was walking towards the cabin.

He stopped about fifteen feet in front of the porch and yelled, "I'm really sorry, man. It was an accident."

Cautiously, I opened the window and yelled down to him. "What the hell are you doing shooting so close to the house? This is a restricted area and I'm a federal agent. I don't want to see you around here again. You could have killed me!"

"My rifle misfired, buddy. I'm really sorry. You won't see me again." And he walked off down the hill and was gone.

"It's okay now, Maggie. It was just a hunter. I radioed the agency. I think I'll let the sheriff show up and give him a statement about the hunter, just to be on the safe side." I looked up to see Maggie cowering in the corner. I quickly went to her, pulled her close, and held her in my arms

Make sure you see the awesome video trailer for this dark and tintilating thiller! Here's the link: My Very Special Agent: http://www.blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=212

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks for joining us today, Betty! It was a pleasure and an honor to have you with us.

This series sounds like a fun read and they've definitely hit my TBR list.

What's your favorite part about writing this series? What makes it special to you?

Huggles,
Gracen

Pat McDermott said...

These books look so exciting. I enjoyed the excerpt. Writing from a male point of view is a challenge, Betty Ann, and you do it well. Wishing you many sales, and best of luck with your writing!