Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just Another Parody Monday

Hey all,

I scrapped my regular blog because I felt a parody coming on. Since the muse was calling, I had to listen!

This one has the tune of Mountain of Love by Charlie Pride (or Johnny Mathis - if he sang it).

Enjoy!


Mountains of Books

Standing on a ladder peering down at my stacks
And overwhelmed ‘cause they spill out my backpack
Zipper’s broke open along each side
Adventure, romance and
Sci-fi fantasy,
Books spill out onto the floor
But that’s what you get
When you have mountains of books

Chapter by chapter and right up to the end
Reading my nights away until dawn
Reading each word so I don’t miss any parts
Line by line it flows, as I follow the journey
There’s so many to choose
Too many to name
Among my mountains of books

Mountains of books
Mountains of books
You would be amazed
What used to be a small little pile
Now flows into the bay

My husband swears there's a half a million books
All through the house in every nook and cranny
There’s even a box I got from my great aunt Mary
In the closet and on the kitchen table
He’s so grouchy because
They’re everywhere
All from my mountains of books

Big tall mountains of books
Big tall mountains of books
Big tall mountains of books

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

Ah, what a confession - I wish I knew the tune. But I can imagine it, and the mountain too.

Carrie said...

It's a good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5R-_ZUf0wY

This link should take you to the You Tube video of Johnny Rivers. I mistakenly wrote Johnny Mathis - Ooops!