Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Philippa Gregory Book Giveaway!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

The White QueenOn Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, Philippa Gregory's new book, The White Queen, hits store shelves. You can pre-order it through Amazon, B&N as well as Borders and many other places. But what you can't do, is win a free copy!

That's right, the contest you may have read about in our first newsletter is finally here! Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem has three copies of The White Queen that we are allowed to raffle off!

Why enter this contest? Why this book?

If you have to ask, then you haven't read her book, The Other Boleyn Girl, that was recently made into a movie. Both the book and movie were fantastic! I have also recently finished listening to The Boleyn Inheritance and loved it. The time of England's Kings and Queens are Philippa's element. She thrives here.

Philippa GregoryThe depths to which Philippa does her research are astounding! I also genuinely appreciate how she always makes a point to tell you what in the book was fact, what was rumor and what she made up. What's mind blowing is that what she makes up is so believable that it leaves you feeling that things really could have happened the way she has described! She is that familiar with the ways of society back then, that you are left with not much of a choice but to believe her story as a possibility because she uses the facts of history as the skeleton and builds logical connections and suppositions with the rumors and records of life from that time.

She boggles your mind with the facts and blows it away with the suppositions. Of all the stories of a similar nature that I have read, not many are as brilliant as Philippa, which is why I am so pleased to announce this contest!

The contest starts today, Sunday, August 16th, 2009 and runs through Saturday, September 19th, 2009.

Starting today, you can enter your name by leaving a comment in this blog! (If you sign is as anonymous, you must sign with a name for your entry to be valid. Multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning, but we like it when readers praise authors who are generous enough to provide books for us to raffle off!)

For the last three Sundays of this contest, Gracen, Margay and I will post our reviews of Philippa's book as well as offer some other tidbits about Philippa and the book, so stay tuned!!!

We are so excited to see who will enter, and who will win!

Note: Due to the high costs of shipping over seas, we are restricting our winners to U.S. residents only. Thanks!

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

I LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl, and am dying to see the DVD. Her other books are also on my print book TBB radar!

Molly Daniels said...

Forgot to mention; I neglected to visit yeesterday (hangs head in shame) but just left a comment for Nancy:)

Sheila Deeth said...

Cool! I would love to read this. Looking forward to reading your reviews too.

Judy said...

The Other Boleyn Girl was a great read. I really enjoyed it. This one is on my TBR list.

Linda Cacaci said...

Love her books. I feel like I am right there in the story. I hope I win.
Linda Cacaci

MargaretD said...

I haven't seen the movie, The Other Bolyen Girl either....I'd rather read the book first. I haven't read historicals from this period in many years and now I think I'm missing out on something...I need to make a visit to my B&N...make those coupons useful :-)

Margaret Dombrowski