Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

}Wistful Wednesday{
An Attitude of Gratitude

Each year, as we head into the holiday season, we are often encouraged to take stock of what we are grateful for. It is a good opportunity for us to do an emotional house cleaning and put some things in perspective. Although this is a grand tradition, personally, I believe we shouldn't relegate this to one day of the year - or even one month. I think this is something we should do on a daily basis. Each night, before we go to bed, we should take a little time to express our gratitude for the blessings we received that day.

The blessings may be small - such as having a sick-free day - or the blessings may be grand - such as getting a raise or a new car. Or they may be something somewhere in between. Whatever they are, the blessings are there, making each day bearable, a prelude to the next. With all of the strife that is facing our country now, all of the added burdens we deal with every day, it so much more important than ever to have an attitude of gratitude.

So what am I grateful for?

1. I am grateful for the fact that, despite my own health issues, I am still well enough to take care of my family. I'm still there for my mother, who has no other means to run her own errands and get to her doctors' appointments. I am there for my younger daughter, who has her own issues and needs to see a variety of professionals to help her with them. I am there for my older daughter, who needs me to go get her from college as she doesn't have her own car yet, and who sometimes, just needs to talk to Mom. And I am there for my siblings, who sometimes just need to talk to someone about their own issues.

2. I am grateful for the fact that I have a roof over my head and the means to keep it there. Whenever I watch the news and see reports of people losing their homes, I remember a time when I was in that position and wondered when - or if - I would ever have a place to call my own again.

3. I am grateful for the fact that I have such a loving and supportive family, and that if I need them, they are only a phone call away.

4. And I'm grateful for the fact that I have a great network of friends, especially my Moonlight ladies, Carrie and Gracen, who make me smile, get me to think, and support me as I pursue this crazy thing called writing. I am so grateful that I can send them an email about anything at any time and they will always have a response for me. They are always there to make me feel better when I face disappointment, encourage me when I try something new - and take me to task when I keep them waiting on a writing resolution. (Yeah, I know I've probably said all of this before in another post, but it bears repeating.) My life has just been so much better for knowing them, so much richer. Everyone should have friends like these ladies.

5. Of course, it goes without saying that I am grateful for every person who takes the time to read this blog, guest blogs I have done, and stories I have written, but I will say it anyway. I am grateful for my readers.

So as you get ready for work today and for the holiday next week, take a moment to remember what you are grateful for. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude and it will make life so much easier to bear. I know it does for me. ~ Margay

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

I'm grateful for those who remind me to be grateful too, so thank you for your post. And I'm grateful to all those internet friends who remind me it's still worth dreaming and hoping and writing - grateful for a place and time to write and for a family that still lets me.

Margay Leah Justice said...

That's a lot to be grateful for, Sheila! I second that completely.
Margay