Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Starlight Saturday

Thyme in a Flask
Thyme in a Flask

In case you missed it, Glen Quarry stopped by the YA Room last month (March 23rd), to promote this debut release. If you'd like to check out that interview, click here.

I will be adding the review shortly. But until then, let me saw that I have been very intrigued with what I have read so far and if I hadn't been involved in contest judging these past couple of weeks, I would have dove fully into this book. As it is, I thought I was finished judging, but I've called upon again and I am working on those this weekend. Which means, I will be adding my full review after Monday.

One thing I noticed too, is that this book seems like it would make a good read aloud between a parent-child, as long as your tongue doesn't stumble over some of the dialogue...hehehe. Not sure what I mean, follow the link above to the interview to read the excerpt at the end of the interview.

It's fun and, while I don't know much about sword making, seems educational in that Quarry goes through the step-by-step process of making a sword. While some might feel this could be considered "extraneous" information, it was interesting and pertinent to the main character who is a blacksmith's apprentice.

Be sure and check back later for my full rating!

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

I followed the link. The interview was fascinating. Looking forward to your full review. Meanwhile, hope the judging's going well.