Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wistful Wednesday

A Positive Outlook

If I were to resolve to do one thing differently than I did last year, it would be to adopt a more positive outlook on things. Last year was really tough for me with all of the medical crises in my family and the loss of  my aunt, so I found it real hard to maintain a positive attitude about anything. And although this year started with the disturbing news that my older sister - who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer - has just learned that she has lupus, too, I am going to try my best not to let that deter me from adopting a more positive mindset.

One of the things that made last year so difficult to bear was the ease with which negativity can take over your life. It is an insidious thing, creeping in from all angles and overrunning anything that can possibly make you happy. I was not happy last year. I was miserable. I don't want to spend another year like that. I want to be more upbeat and optimistic. I want to look more on the good side of things and not the bad. I want to feel like life is wondrous again.

So I am making a goal now to do this for myself. I am going to try to look on the bright side more often and to stop thinking the world is out to get me. I want to stop feeling like a victim and feel more like a victor. I want to be Pollyanna in a Charlie Brown world - well, okay, maybe that's carrying it a bit far, but I think you get what I mean.

Toward that end, I am on the search for inspiration - and perhaps a little motivation. Let's start with a quote from Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." Smart guy, that Henry.

What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes?

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

"I can do all things..."Phil 4:16 (I think!!!)

Hang in there kiddo; you're in my thoughts and prayers! A positive outlook will ALWAYS beat a negative one:)