Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wistful Wednesday

Snowed In!


I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Massachusetts, they big topic is snow. We are in the middle of a nice Nor'easter here in the Bay State and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. So I thought I'd post some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

This is the view from my back balcony/deck, looking out over what is usually the drive, which we call "the circle," around my apartment complex:




And here is a picture of the woods behind my building, my view from my back door:






NOTE: Pictures taken by my older daughter, Leah. Not bad for a nursing student, huh?

So what's it like where you live? Please share where you live and what the weather is like. Curious minds want to know.

26 Moonbeams (comments):

Ellen said...

I can't see your photos but I bet it looks a lot like my yard here in Vermont!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Ellen, I saw your photos and it looks just like my backyard!
Margay

Renee Hand said...

In Michigan we have lots of snow too. Well, if nothing else, get the snowshoes and the skis out.

Renee
www.reneeahand.com
http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com

Margay Leah Justice said...

Ha, Renee, I was thinking more along the lines of the cocoa and the snackage - I'm not going outside any time soon!

Dorothy said...

Hey..my daughter is a nurse so godspeed to your daughter! Love the pictures, love snow, not sick of it yet! I'm in Virginia, a few states south of you and all we got out of it was freezing rain. The pellets were still sitting on my back steps this morning. Cold walking the dogs I'm telling you. Loved the post, Margay!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thank you, Dorothy! What part of Virginia are you from? My dad was from Norton, which is about as Southwest as you can go without ending up in another state!

Barry said...

I'd love to take a picture of here in CT, but we're over 2ft and still snowing

Barry

Margay Leah Justice said...

It's still coming down here, too, Barry, though not as hard as when I got up this morning!

Cheryl said...

I forgot you're in Massachusetts. We are too. It's definitely a winter wonderland out there. Sounds like a good day to sit down with a book by the fireplace.

Cheryl

Farrah from The Book Faery Reviews said...

I'd like to have a REALLY good snow "storm" just for 1 week. I live in Raleigh,NC so that is a rarity. Right now I'm thawing out from our ice storm this past Monday. ex

Carrie said...

Wow, usually we're the ones that get bombarded by snow, but not this winter...so far. We've had a total of about 2 inches this past storm. Before that, everyone around us got blasted but we remained snow free! I don't mind that because it's been pretty cold to boot! (barely single digits to low 20s Fahrenheit, lol!) However it has warmed up this past week to hover around freezing (32 F 0C).

Stay Warm!

Mayra Calvani said...

The photo is lovely... winter wonderland!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Yes, Cheryl, definitely a good day to stay inside the house!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Farrah, if I could share the snow with you, I'd gladly do it!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Carrie, this is only our second significant storm this winter, so I really can't complain. It's kind of hit or miss for us. Sometimes we have relatively dry winters, sometimes we have today!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks, Mayra! My daughter has quite the eye for photography.

April said...

Gorgeous pictures!! We had our snow yesterday and received about 4 inches. Today it is FREEZING!! lol - I am happy to be in where it is warm!

Jaime said...

In Australia, we'd rather have snow. The majority of the state of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone because of flooding, there is flooding in New South Wales and Victoria, and there are fires in Western Australia! Ack. We'd definitely rather have snow. :P

Morgan Mandel said...

Very pretty. I love the picture with the light in it the best.

Margay Leah Justice said...

April, I can honestly say I have no intention of leaving the warmth of my home any time soon!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Oh, Jaime, I feel for you. I hope things settle down soon.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks, Morgan! I love them both.

Angela said...

Through windows is the best way to see snow ;-)

Margay Leah Justice said...

You won't hear an argument from me on that, Angela!

Turning the Clock Back said...

I have been snowed in since Sunday here in Georgia. I am from New England and these southerners just have no resources to handle 6 inches of snow and ice!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Ha! I know what you mean. Whenever I see weather like this happening in the south - or other places that don't usually get it - I feel really sorry for them. But growing up in New England, I look at six inches and think "just a dusting." Some places around here got almost 2 feet.