Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, August 27, 2010

PHANTASM FRIDAY

REMINDER: I'm holding a contest at Shelby M. Summers blogspot. Click HERE if you wish to enter. Winner will be drawn on Monday, August 30th.
~~~~~

KICK-STARTING MY MUSE

(Previously posted elsewhere, just not here...I'm neck deep in edits and I didn't have time to write a post...I'm such a loser. LOL)

I’ve had it! *plants inconspicuous bombs around my prickly muse* Consider this war, buddy-boy! WAR!!! Think you can keep me from writing? Think again! Even if it is gobble-d-goop, I’m still going to write without you! *mumbles about the fickleness of muses*

With a recent run of bad luck lately, instead of DM (an anagram for the name of my muse) going on a temporary vacation, I do believe he’s retired instead. As I lay siege to DM’s iron-clad fortress known as writer’s block, I thought I’d contemplate a few ways that would cajole him back to his post and help me write. Here are my five favorite bribes…erm...enticements to encourage him to return to his job:

5 – Chocolate! Chocolate cures all in large quantities, right? LOL Well, it should! *pouts over the injustice of life* Unfortunately, I’ve gone on the B12/B6 shots to help me drop a few pounds (honestly, quite a bit more than a “few pounds”) since diet and exercise haven’t worked, but only kept me stalled at the same weight for a year so that my cardiologist could fuss at my yearly checkup. And now that I’ve eliminated 22 pounds in 4 months, I have no desire to splurge in one of my favorite pastimes—eating chocolate. Strangely, I haven’t even craved the stuff. Hmm…ponders the disturbing thought that the real me has been transplanted by aliens with a cloned me. ;-) Or maybe, the B shots hardwire your brain for healthy food! *blink, blink*

4 – A weekend (or a week, whichever is needed…most likely a week is on the agenda) alone, without drama, family chatter, housework, taxiing sons between sporting practices, and juggling paralegal work! Just a weekend (or week) to rest, relax and reboot my brain so that it can process all the stuff the muse normally throws at it. Being a realist, I realize that’s not going to happen anytime soon. I leave for vacation with my family soon, so I’m stressing pretty big. Yikes! Too much to get done before the vacation trip!! And then when the vacation starts, there won’t be any alone time forthcoming until school starts up in August. *whimpers at the feeling of muse doom*

3 – Taking a defibrillator to DM’s cold, cruel, fickle heart! *shudders* Yeah, not a good option for the obvious reason that DM is in my head!

2 – Meditating! Actually, this is probably the best idea yet. My meditation is informal, but it does help spark DM into action. When I meditate, I pick the storyline I want to focus on, crawl beneath the covers of my bed and let the world drop away as the focal point transitions into a stream of information and ideas. Sometimes I’ll hover in limbo between waking and sleep, BUT it always works! And, best of all, it doesn’t require chocolate, a weekend of aloneness or painful electrical shocks!

1 – Telling DM I will write whatever he wants without any interference or complaints on my end! LOL That should perk him up fast since we war often over the direction of a storyline. A dangerous promise though. :-/ But one, I’m almost willing to make if DM will return to me and permanently remove ‘grumpy me’ from existence!


So, tell me what’s your cure all for a muse hiatus? Or are you one of the lucky ones that doesn’t suffer from writer’s block? If you don't write, give me some suggestions for kickstarting my muse back into action!

~huggles~

G

0 Moonbeams (comments):