Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tantalizing Tuesday

Author DC Juris Steps into the Moonlight!

Hi everyone! ::waves:: DC Juris here. Hugs and kisses all around for my little group of readers who are visiting right now! For those who don't know me, I'm an out and proud bisexual transgender man (which is far less interesting than it sounds), living in Upstate NY with my husband, four dogs, and three cats. Yep, you read that right – FOUR dogs – our newest addition, Mindy, a Parsons Jack Russell Terrier, joined our family this past weekend! :-)

Today I'm blogging about my newest release from Noble Romance—an m/m werecat/werewolf romance called "Omarati."


D.C. Juris



Here's the blurb:

Everything changed for werewolf Calliph after the Shifter War. Now nothing more than a slave and plaything to human Prince Obyn, Calliph finds himself on the Golden Magus, sailing across the sea with his owner. But fate has something more in mind for Calliph in the form of First Mate Mateo—who just happens to be Calliph's Omarati—his soul mate…and a werecat. Heartbroken, Calliph knows he can't stay with Mateo—he is forced to follow Obyn wherever he leads. Years later, when an attack at sea lands Mateo in the hands of vicious pirates, the cat discovers that, though time has changed some things, his bond with Calliph is eternal.

Sounds pretty straightforward and simple, right? Not by a long shot!

What the blurb can't tell you is that "Omarati" took on many, many forms before it got submitted to Noble. Originally, Calliph was a minor player in a three-part story, centering around people who lived in caves. He was meant to be the love interest of a very, very differently written Obyn, and they would live happily ever after. But that didn't feel quite right.

So Calliph morphed into one of two main characters, and I followed his story along several different re-writes, until I had what I thought was the final product. But Calliph had other ideas. He went from a supporting character to the star of the show, and pulled Mateo up out of oblivion with him. The one constant was that they were both always In the end, I had what I felt was a pretty darn good story, and I'd learned so much about my two guys. I can't imagine the book any other way!

Of course, now I have a lot of unused stuff. Ah, the plot bunny – how he does mock me.

Buy Link: https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=198

But wait! Don't click that link just yet! Leave a comment below, and you'll be entered to win a free pdf copy! I'll pick a winner at midnight! Good luck!

You can find out more about me and my works at www.dcjuris.com

I'm on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dcjuris
And Twitter: www.twitter.com/dcjuris
And I have two blogs: http://dcjuris.fannypress.com/ and http://dcjuris.livejournal.com

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Lydia Nyx said...

Ah, I know how this goes. I once wrote a whole novel with an interesting background character who then informed me when I finished the novel that the story should be about him. Now I have a whole other novel about him, set in the same world, and like you, tons of leftover stuff from the first novel! Characters are like unruly children--no matter how much you try to tell them what to do, they're just going to do whatever they want!

This sounds like an absolutely fascinating story, by the way! I love me some shifters!

DC Juris said...

Yay! My first commenter! Thanks for coming by, Lydia!! :-D

OMG - It's frustrating to spend so much time pounding out a story, only to find it's not right!

And thanks! So far those who have read it have liked it! I'm always on pins and needles when I know people are reading my stuff!