Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem Contest Two


Hello, everyone, thank you for your readership of Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem. As the second week of our existence draws to a close, I am offering up a print copy of my debut novel, Nora's Soul, as a prize to one lucky commenter. As some of you probably know, it is the first book in a series about the struggle between two factions of angels: dark angels and light angels. And the hapless humans who come between them, of course! So I am going to open the floor to your angel stories. Have you ever encountered an angel? Would you want to? What would you do if you did stumble across an angel? And most important (to me), do you like reading about angels?

For those of you who do like reading about angels, check out Gracen's post from yesterday, Angels...Do You Believe? Informative stuff in there, I must say. And you can always check out my author blog for more tidbits about Nora's Soul at http://margayleahjustice.com. But to whet your appetite for this contest, here's a blurb of the book:

When angels of light and dark collide on earth…
Once he held a favored position in the heavens. But one moment of weakness casts Dante out and now he is cursed to walk the earth, collecting the souls of vulnerable women to buy his way into hell.
All hell breaks loose…
But standing in his way is Peter, an angel of light. Peter is everything Dante is not. Pure, above reproach. And determined to prevent Dante from achieving his goals. Peter will stop at nothing to protect the souls in his charge, even if it means achieving the impossible – leading Dante back onto the right path.
And no one is safe from the fall-out.
Nora Kendall believed in angels. Once. But then she lost her brother to cancer despite all of her prayers – and she lost her faith in all things angelic. Now, she is a lost soul who wanders through life like a sleepwalker, playing it safe and leaving the risk-taking to others.
Kyle Cameron is one of those risks. Burned by a bad marriage, his only concern now is providing a stable life for his children, who are left motherless by the unexpected death of his wife. This means working overtime to grow his architectural firm into a viable business – and leaving the care of his children to the care of someone he trusts. Despite his past connection with Nora, Kyle isn’t certain that she’s the right person for the job. He also doesn’t want to reconnect with her and repeat history.
But fate – and the machinations of two angels – has other ideas.

The winner will be picked by Random.org and announced tomorrow, Sunday, April 26, 2009. Be sure to check back and see if you have won.

If your name is drawn as the winner, you will need to e-mail me at Margay1122@gmail.com with your e-mail address to claim your prize.

Please note: New winners will be chosen from the remaining entries if prizes are not claimed within one week of drawing. There are no exceptions.

Best of luck!

The Moonlighters

20 Moonbeams (comments):

Unknown said...

I have an Angel story to share, which is to large to write in the comments, However I can share the link.

http://4tenderheart.com/angel.html

Hope people enjoy it

Storyheart

Molly Daniels said...

Love Angel stories:)

Anonymous said...

I was late to an appointment and rushing, speeding, to my destination - it was raining and just hovering above freezing. I was approaching a railroad track with no stop sign or crossing, and a blind view. In 30 years of driving this route, I had never seen a train on these tracks. I did not intend to stop.

Suddenly, I saw a man ahead on the road. He had climbed out of a white pick-up truck. Stupid hunter, I thought - being used to hunters who drive slowly down the road, then leap out of their trucks, leaving the doors open, and trying to shoot their prey before it gets away.

But this man stood in the middle of the road and waved at me.

Well, he's a nice hunter, I thought, courteous enough to make me aware of his intentions. I didn't slow down, but kept racing towards the railroad crossing, intent on getting to my appointment.

Then, he held up his hands, as if to say halt. I slammed on the brakes, and a train went roaring by, only 4 or 5 feet in front of me.

By the time the train passed, the white pick-up truck and my "angel" where no where to be seen.

I'll always wonder who and what he truly was. Regardless, he saved my life. And I've always felt that whatever he was, he was sent by God, who for whatever reason, isn't done with me yet.

Sheila Deeth said...

Wow Sherrie! That's quite a story. And I'm sure He's not done with you yet either, but what a wonderful memory of being cared for.

I've already read Nora's Soul, and I loved it. So best not to include me in the drawing Margay, but I just wanted to let you know I was here. And I'm so glad I came by.

Kim Smith said...

I sweltered waiting on the smoking porch at the hospital where my mother lay dying. It had to be at least 95 degrees. With my eyes closed against the setting sun, I heard her say "You have to let me go. You're keeping me here." Instinctively, I knew it was my mother's voice. She wanted me to lay aside my love and let her go. But I couldn't it was too hard, too painful! Tears sprang to my eyes. "You have to," she insisted.

"Fine. If that's what you want," I said aloud.

I closed my eyes and a cool breeze began to blow over me. This was totally a surreal experience.

I left the porch, went up to her room and fifteen minutes later, she passed away.

I felt her touch me in passing, and I heard her say, "You cannot imagine how wonderful it is to be free!"

She is and always will be my angel.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Amazing stories, Sherrie and Kim! they give me the shivers, but I love stories like this! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

I finally got a chance to read your story, Barry - it's been a crazy, busy day - and it's a good one! Thank you for posting it.

And Sheila, thank you for your kind comments. I'm so glad you liked the book!

Margay

Carrie said...

I'll share one too (maybe I mentioned this one the first time I found you on TDV, I can't remember).

I was about 19-20 and working at the local hardware store. It was late as I had worked the closing shift. I was at a stop sign waiting to cross the busy (and I do mean busy) highway. I blacked out long enough to find myself sitting in the middle of the highway, a couple of cars at me but far enough that I had a chance to get out of oncoming traffic and into the safety of the median strip (not on it just in the open area where people turn).

To this day, I can't figure out what happened or why. I just knew that someone was watching out for me. However, the feeling was familiar, as if I'd known them, like a family member or friend.

In that respect, the "angles" in our lives are just loved ones that have left this plane of existence. We can't see then or hear them, but we can feel them and sometimes hear their thoughts.

That's my experience anyway.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Wow, that's a scary story. thank heavens you had your angel.
Margay

Kenzie Michaels said...

My husband swears he had one holding his hand one morning. S/he kept whispering for him to 'hold on'...I woke up at the regular time; saw he was already awake, and got concerned. He had had his heart valve replaced 3 weeks before, and was still recupperating. He NEVER got out of bed before me, and I thought I saw blood in the toilet.

I found him sitting in his chair; I asked, 'Are you alright?' He said, 'I don't know.'

I looked at the clock and said, 'Let me get the kids off to school, and I'll take you to the hospital.'

Turns out he had three and a half pints of blood in his pericardium, plus a blood clot equal to a unit of blood behind his heart. If I hadn't taken him in, he would have bled to death internally.

He did cross over 3 times, two years later, and each time was brought back. He still swears someone was trying to hand him something! Not sure if it was St. Peter, an angel, God, or Jesus:) But he's not afraid of death anymore; says the other side is wonderful, warm, and he's looking forward to going back...when it's his time. I keep telling him he can't return until our youngest is out of college, lol:) (18 more years)

Gracen Miller said...

Wow! All these stories are amazing. Sherri, I sat here and shook my head in amazement over yours. And Carrie...that would have been truly frightening.

My mother had a similiar experience as Kim did when my step-father was dying from cancer. He'd already been in the hospital a month and completely out of it. He didn't know anyone. About three in the morning she said she was talking to him, telling him how much she loved him, that she could handle it now and he was free anytime of his choosing. Less than an hour later he passed away. So, while she didn't have him telling her that she was holding him here, she and I both believe he hung on for her and once she was ready, he was ready too.

Kenzie, your husband's experience was just as amazing. And to get that sneak peak into what's beyond death, wow! What an opportunity for him to use in this life. Although I have to say, I'm curious as to what they were trying to hand him.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Kenzie, that is an amazing story! I'm so happy you shared it with us. Thank you.
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

Wow, Gracen, that is a great story, too! It just gave me chills.
Margay

Molly Daniels said...

When my grandmother passed away, she was creamated, and her remains put into a paper bag. My mom woke up in the middle of the night, hearing her voice saying, "Get me out of that tacky grocery sack!"

Mom got up and found a pretty box a relative had given her, and put the ashes in it. Only then could she go back to sleep!

Just now remembered that...

Rebecca said...

six months after my cousin died from cancer and three weeks before Christmas, I was getting ready to shut down my computer at work at almost 5 in the evening when I had this feeling that I had to open my bottom file drawer that held all the family history files I worked on during lunch. I hadn't opened this drawer since the day I heard that Gary had died. Just couldn't go on with the genealogy searching knowing that Gary wasn't working his end of the family from Pennsylvania. I tried to ignore the feeling that i needed to open the drawer. It wouldn't go away. I opened the drawer and all of a sudden I knew I had to call Gary wife. I really didn't want to do this, but took the time to call Nancy. She answered the phone on the second ring. I told her who it was, never having spoken to her before. Then I told her about the drawer and the feeling that I had to call her. She said this was the worst week she had had since Gary, her husband had died. We talked for longer and she began to feel better. She thanked me for caling and sharing Gary's genealogy stories with her. I hung up closed the drawer and never again did I have the feeling that came over me that day.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Molly, that cracked me up! It sounds like your grandmother was a feisty woman - I like that. Thanks for coming back to share that with us.
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

Rebecca, that's an incredible story, gave me chills. I guess your cousin knew that his wife needed you to call her to help her that day. I think it's very comforting to know that our loved ones continue to watch over us after they pass. Except if your brother was a jokester and continually hides your stuff on you until it reappears in the first spot you checked for it! Just kidding, Preston! You can hide my stuff all you want - just so long as you let me find it, buddy, that's how I know you're still around. Miss you always, bud.

Margay

Christine Husom said...

I've had a fair number of paranormal experiences, but one of my guardian angel stories was when one of my daughters was two years old. I had gone to the basement to throw in a load of clothes. I looked up to see my daughter crawling down the steps. For some reason, she stopped and peered over the edge of the step. I was on the far end of the basement and as calmly as I could told her to move away.

To my horror, she started to fall off, head first--at least 7 feet up. I watched as she "floated" down. Even though she fell that distance, landing on her head on concrete, she only had a little bump. It was as if an angel had caught her and set her gently down.

I was unbelievably grateful.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Christine, that is an incredible story - and frightening. I can only imagine how you felt watching your daughter fall. I'm so glad everything turned out well, though.
Margay

Margay Leah Justice said...

Okay, the Random organizer has spoken and the winner of Nora's Soul is commenter number 3:

SHERRIE!

Congratulations, Sherrie. You can send your info to me at Margay1122 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by! Hope to see you here again.
Margay