Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please Welcome Author...Diane Taylor!!

My apologies for not starting sooner. Mia culpa everyone. But now that I'm here, let the curtain decend on the morning light and allow our chat to be done in the dusky mysteries of the evening twilight, shall we?

For those of you who aren't familair with me, allow me to sneak up on you and zing you with my works. I write paranormal romances. Writing about the things that go bump in the night and the women who love them is one of the most fantastic things in the world for me to do. It's what I enjoy.

Right now, I currently have 3 to 4 books in the works, and a Trilogy already in place.Ever wondered what happens when the Olympian gods meet mortal women who could care less about what they are? Well, meet three of them. Poseidon, Ares, and Thanatos. All combined in a 3 story book. Poseidon's Heart, Ares in Chains and Dancing with Death. I don't have a release date yet, but I can tell you that these three novels will be scorchingly hot to touch, let alone read. Shall I tell you about them?

Posdeidon's Heart is about a certain Sea God who ran his mouth one too many times about his 'ahem' conquests, so Aphrodite conspired with another goddess to steal his Trident and Crown, thereby stripping him of his powers. Oh, not all of them, just the ones that made him Ruler of the oceans. Banished to a small island off the coast of Bora Bora, he had to wait until Jamie Lakewood came into his life. A Sea God who needs a mortal woman to get his goods back and a Mortal Woman who could care less about an arrogant man who thinks he's gods gift to women. Let the sparks begin.

Ares in Chains was fun to write. A War god and an ex con who start off at odds with each other, yet are chained at the wrist by a pair of special bracelets. The only problem is, there's a 'key' to those cuffs and the mystery is.. "where or what is the key?" Follow Ares and Sharon Laroux through the twists and turns of the storyline and feel the heat as the two of them finally begin to let down their guard with each other. Can you find the Key to unlock the chains? Turn the pages and find out. Dancing with Death turned otu to be a short story in itself. I couldn't use Thanatos in the title because it really was a mouthfull, so I just used DWD. And yes, I was watching Dancing with the Stars when I wrote the title. :D A former government assassin on the run, a Death God out to save her from the hordes of government ops groups that really either want her bask so she can't tell any secrets... or dead. Gives a new meaning to Wanted Dead or Alive, dont you think? Yeah, tell me about it.

The above three books will be sold as one E-Book once we get a title and cover art worked up. I'll let everyone know when that happens.In the future, I've got 3 books I'm working on. Post apocalyptic Centaurs, Shapeshifting Lions, And a futuristic, Non-Apocalyptic storyline going on.

You can find the books I DO have published:

Shadow Demon
Mystique Rogue
Bletane Fire
Wassail Woes
Jade Kitsune
And
MerLion's Pleasure
over at:

http://www.firedrakesweyr.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

With that, I'll open the floor to questions and mischief.....

Other places you can find Diane Taylor:
http://dianet-write.weebly.com/http://paranormal-minds.blogspot.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/order-of-demented-dreamers

10 Moonbeams (comments):

Anonymous said...

*throwing paperwork everywhere and stumbling around* I'm here!!! I'm hjere!!! just gimme a chance to find my brain... Oh wait, there it is! *rustling of papers and thunk* "Ow!"

Okay, give me a second and I'll get that post sent. Or I could do it in your response area if you like

Molly Daniels said...

Wow, Diane:) Since I love Rick Riordan's teen series about the Greek Gods, this sounds fantastic!

Molly Daniels said...

Forgot to ask: Who's the publisher? Firedrakes?

Carrie said...

Hi Diane,

Thanks for blogging with us today!

These stories sound interesting. The last time I saw Ares in love was with Xena and they had a daughter, Eve. She sure took after Ares!

I'll have to check them out!

Carrie

Carrie said...

Congrats Molly on winning the Cyber Smooch! Who's giving the smooch today?

The cookie kiss is up for grabs!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember those episodes. *evil grin* But, *sigh* The guy that played Ares in the show died in a motorcycle accident. But he had the look, didn't he?

With Poseidon, my inspiration came from Bruce Payne.

Ares and Thanatos were Mickey Rourke.


Though I wasn't using the EXACT look, I did, however, use images as inspiration. Thanatos happens to be Ares's half brother. So I made him the younger one with an eyepatch. *There is an image of a Young MR with an eyepatch that was absolutely perfect for the role*

I have 3 more I'm doing that will turn up in another book... so keep an eye out for those as well. :D

The book isn't out on the market yet, but I will definately give a shout out when it does. Trust me.

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks, Diane for guest blogging with us today!

MerLion's Pleasure was a great read, so I can only imagine that these will be too!

LOL I loved Xena and Ares too and was sad to hear when Ares passed away in real life. He was a hottie, that's for sure, much hotter than Hercules...yes, I know that was a different show, but they did cross from time-to-time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gracen for having me. *grinning*


Molly, yes, it's Firedrakes Weyr Publishing.

BTW, Hint hint... in Poseidon's Heart, there's nice little food fight in the kitchen in the middle of the book. And it's absolutely hilarious.

It was one of the times I had to stop writing because I was laughing too hard. :D

Margay Leah Justice said...

These books sound amazing. You'll have to come back to update us when they come out so our readers can check them out.

Margay

Anonymous said...

I promise, Margay. In the Meantime,my suggestion would be to try out the other books I just listed. Shadow Demon is not published atm...However, Jade Kitsune... the second book of the Montegard Trilogy is out.

If you like a good Menage, Mystique Rogue would be up there.

You'll have to take a peek and read the blurbs on the website. :D

So go, enjoy, have fun... and watch for more evil doings... errr Good Fun... from yours truly