Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please Welcome Author...Keta Diablo!!



Thank you for taking the time to interview with us, Keta! Keta Diablo’s release, Decadent Deceptions, is a full length erotic/historical novel available at Noble Romance in e-format.

Give us all websites where you can be found, where your books can be purchased, etc. Anything to promote where folks can purchase it!



Noble Romance: http://tiny.cc/m5EEj


All Romance E-books: http://tinyurl.com/dkufj8


Keta’s Author Home: http://ketadiablo.blogspot.com/


Keta’s Author Blog: http://ketaskeep.blogspot.com/


AND NOW, FOR THE SECOND PART OF KETA'S INTERVIEW!






When and where can we purchase your books?

Thank you for asking. My books are published through Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Phaze Books and the Dark Roast Press. Keta’s Keep, one of my author blogs, was recently voted “One of the Top Fifty Romance Blogs to Watch in 2009.” So of course, all my books are listed there (http://ketaskeep.blogspot.com)

I think many of them are on Amazon, All Romance E-books, Mobipockets, and a host of other third party sites. You can always find them at the above publishers’ sites.

How do you feel about fans doing fan fiction and/or roleplaying on the web based on your or other author's works?

I just recently read about this. I don’t like it, and think if they want to post fan fiction, it should be their own. Today, we have to deal with an enormous amount of e-piracy, and I don’t think peeps realize how much this truly hurts an author. Swapping, sharing files, trading and uploading e-books with friends, directly cuts the author out of hard-earned royalties.

What are you reading right now?
Ÿ
For Christmas, I received a nice gift certificate for Barnes and Noble. I went on a buying spree two weeks later, and the books are still sitting on my nightstand . . . unread. Let’s see I bought one or two by Helen Kirkman, and Red Fire by Deidre Knight. There’s one or two erotic novels in the pile, and I think one by Betina Krahn. I hope to get to them before next Christmas, when, no doubt, I’ll receive another gift certificate and be off to B&N to repeat the process all over again.

What are your 10 favorite books —and why?

I don’t know if I have ten; I’m really picky. I loved Gone With The Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Windflower. The last one was written by a husband and wife team who wrote under the pen name of Laura London, I believe. For some reason, that book really resonated with me. I’ve read it so many times, the pages are worn and tattered, and I often pick it up today, turn to any page and laugh. Descriptive writers, I fell in love with their prose and their characters. Their secondary characters were so well written (and strong) they could easily have had their own stories. Too bad, they no longer write.

Favorite films?

The Last Samaria, The Last of the Mohicans, Legends of the Fall, Cold Mountain, Kingdom of Heaven, and The Missing. Can we say historical??? Oh, yes, my all-time favorite is not a historical, wonder of wonders, Man On Fire. I know every line, every scene by heart. I’m rather obsessive that way. If I like something, I really, I mean, really, really like it, and will watch it over and over. My boys threatened to lock me up one year when I watched Last of the Mohicans thirty days in a row. Seriously, Keta, get a grip.

Give us three "Good to Know" facts about you. Be creative. Tell us about your first job, the inspiration for your writing, any fun details that would enliven your page.

I have a very good, if not odd, sense of humor. I once picked up my youngest boy at school one day when he was 13 – you know that very don’t-even-breathe-wrong-to-embarrass-me age – dressed up as a scary old man. The whole shebang, mask, trench coat, long red wig, scarf, dressed to the nines. He bounded out of school like he did every day with a big smile on his face. The smile turned to abject horror as he neared my car. He walked right past me as if he’d been stung by a hundred bees. It took me two blocks to convince him to get in the car. And, of course, I was laughing so hard, I could barely see the road. He was traumatized for weeks, but now says it’s one of fondest memories of his life.

I spend too much time at the local animal shelter trying to figure out a way I can bring them all home. I adopted Emma LaPounce last year hours before they were about to put her down. I’d visited her for three weeks, and she wouldn’t have a thing to do with me. The family she lived with for six years moved out of town, took their furniture, but left her. I mean, what is wrong with people??? We’re bonded at the hip now, and we’ve dubbed her, “Queen of the Abode.”

How do you structure your day for writing?

I’m more of a night writer than a day writer. It’s not unusual to find me up very late at night when inspiration seems to be at its peak for me.

What do you consider your best work and why?

Truly, I consider my best writing to-date between the pages of Decadent Deceptions. Don’t’ ask me why, but sometimes I pick up the book and read a chapter and think someone else must have written it. Yet, Land of Falling Stars has done remarkably well in the market. Most of the time, I know if a book clicks while I’m writing, and know enough to tear it up if it doesn’t.

Have you ever gotten to a point where a story wouldn't come? If so, how did you get back on track?

Yes, I have. You’d be amazed at how many pages I’ve tossed into the garbage or deleted with one click of the button. All writers live with this horrible insecurity that a second grader can write better than them. Some days, maybe they can.

If you could choose one thing to be remembered by, what would it be?

Can I have two, please? My love of children and animals, and my ability to laugh at myself (which I do often).

Do you use a pseudonym? More than one? Why?

I do have a pseudonym. I write for New Concepts Publishing and The Wild Rose Press under another name. Only one, and did you ask me why? Hmmm, I’m not sure. I think because I started out writing sensual historicals, but that’s no longer true. All my novels are erotic now. Come to think of it, I no longer need that pseudonym, do I?

Is writing your full time job or do you have another job also?

I’m very fortunate that I do not have another job. But before you groan, this is only a recent change in my daily living. I love the freedom I have to write full time . . . or not write full time as the case may be.

When you are researching a book, what is your most valuable resource?

I have an enormous library of personal, historical reference books. If I can’t find what I’m looking for among mine, I head for the local library.

What do you do to unwind in your free time?

Can you spell that for me? I used to know what those two words meant. Seriously, I have very little free time. In the winter I don’t particularly care, but I love to spend time out of doors and I love gardening. If I have some spare time, I’ll play with my animals outside or garden. I might sit on the porch and read one or two chapters from a book, but this is rare.

Thank you so much for having me. I enjoyed the visit and loved the questions. Hope to see some new names visiting my blogs and author home. While you’re there, don’t forget to enter my contest to win free books, and sign my guest book if you’re so inclined.

Keta Diablo
http://ketadiablo.blogspot.com/

4 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

Great interview, Keta:)

Keta Diablo said...

Don't you just LURVE Moonlight, Mace and Mayhem blog? Hmm, would make a great title for a book . . .

Thanks so much for having me, Gracen. It was so much fun and you asked some tough questions.

Now, everyone knows all about me, well, I confess, not ALL, but close to it.

Much success with the blog!

Namaste, Keta Diablo
Keta's Keep: http://ketaskeep.blogspot.com

Sheila Deeth said...

I think I'll remember you by the prank you played on your son! LOL. Nice to meet you, and I really enjoyed the interview.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks for visiting with us, Keta! It was great fun learning more about you. Just think, after that prank you pulled on your son, he's going to have things to write about you in the future if he ever catches the bug!
Margay