Monday, May 24, 2010
A couple weeks ago, I get this email from YA Author, Sandra Cox. It seems she nominated me for a Creative Blogger Award on her blog, Downtown YA.
Then about a day or two later, I received another email from YA Author Dana Davis seconding my "nomination" on her myspace blog post - which means, I only need to pick 7 - targets...wait, no...victims...that's not right either...authors...yeah, let's use authors - authors instead of 14. Okay, so I need to pick seven other authors to "nominate," but we'll get to that in a minute.
The other part of this...um...honor is to come up with a confusing list of false-truths - a list of 7 statements about myself 6 can be true and 1 can be a lie, or 6 can be lies while 1 can be true. Therein lies the challenge. My problem is, I want to win, I want to confuse the hell out of you so that no one will guess the right answer. But I also want you to enjoy yourselves in the process.
So, here's my list of 7 statements. 1 could be true or 6 of them could be. That's for you to decide hehehe!
1. I met my husband in a "chatroom" over the intranet.
2. Exchanged emails with an NBA General Manager.
3. Went to school with the kids of a Big Ten football referee.
4. Met a professional athlete.
5. Was born at a professional football stadium.
6. Knew an actor before he became an actor.
7. Was told by an author that I had the grasp of narrative hook when I was 13.
Okay, there's my list. Not so easy, is it? Or maybe it is. HAHAHAHAHA! Have fun! Can't wait to see what answers are chosen! Oh, and just a fact, I was born in Green Bay, WI....Anyone who really knows me can honestly say that each of these answers has 50/50 shot of being true...lol!
Okay, now on to the...um...what did I call them again? Right, author nominees.
1. Gracen Miller - fellow Moonlighter and Adult Romance Author
2. Margay Leah Justice - fellow Moonlighter and Romance Author
3. Kimberly Joy Peters - YA Author (Painting Caitlyn and Posing As Ashley)
4. Lori Handeland - Paranormal Romance Author
5. Anna Campbell - Historical Romance Author
6. Christine Hart - YA Author (Watching July, Best Laid Plans)
7. Alyson Noel - YA Author (Immortal Series)
I'd really love to have mentioned Kate Douglas and Heidi Betts, but I do know that they have been fairly busy lately lol! Of course, Sandra Cox and Dana Davis do get honorable mention. Perpetuating the cycle just isn't good lol!