Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mystic Monday

Awards, Contests and Ketchup

A couple weeks ago, I get this email from YA Author, Sandra Cox. It seems she nominated me for a Creative Blogger Award on her blog, Downtown YA.



Creative Writer Award

Then about a day or two later, I received another email from YA Author Dana Davis seconding my "nomination" on her myspace blog post - which means, I only need to pick 7 - targets...wait, no...victims...that's not right either...authors...yeah, let's use authors - authors instead of 14. Okay, so I need to pick seven other authors to "nominate," but we'll get to that in a minute.

The other part of this...um...honor is to come up with a confusing list of false-truths - a list of 7 statements about myself 6 can be true and 1 can be a lie, or 6 can be lies while 1 can be true. Therein lies the challenge. My problem is, I want to win, I want to confuse the hell out of you so that no one will guess the right answer. But I also want you to enjoy yourselves in the process.

So, here's my list of 7 statements. 1 could be true or 6 of them could be. That's for you to decide hehehe!

1. I met my husband in a "chatroom" over the intranet.
2. Exchanged emails with an NBA General Manager.
3. Went to school with the kids of a Big Ten football referee.
4. Met a professional athlete.
5. Was born at a professional football stadium.
6. Knew an actor before he became an actor.
7. Was told by an author that I had the grasp of narrative hook when I was 13.

Okay, there's my list. Not so easy, is it? Or maybe it is. HAHAHAHAHA! Have fun! Can't wait to see what answers are chosen! Oh, and just a fact, I was born in Green Bay, WI....Anyone who really knows me can honestly say that each of these answers has 50/50 shot of being true...lol!

Okay, now on to the...um...what did I call them again? Right, author nominees.

1. Gracen Miller - fellow Moonlighter and Adult Romance Author
2. Margay Leah Justice - fellow Moonlighter and Romance Author
3. Kimberly Joy Peters - YA Author (Painting Caitlyn and Posing As Ashley)
4. Lori Handeland - Paranormal Romance Author
5. Anna Campbell - Historical Romance Author
6. Christine Hart - YA Author (Watching July, Best Laid Plans)
7. Alyson Noel - YA Author (Immortal Series)

I'd really love to have mentioned Kate Douglas and Heidi Betts, but I do know that they have been fairly busy lately lol! Of course, Sandra Cox and Dana Davis do get honorable mention. Perpetuating the cycle just isn't good lol!

8 Moonbeams (comments):

Sandra Cox said...

Hmmm, going to have to give this some thought....

Dana's Blah Blah Blog said...

You're very welcome, Carrie! You deserve it! Hmm, I'll go with 6 truths and 1 lie. and I'll choose number 1 as the lie.

Happy writing!
Dana

Sheila Deeth said...

Just to be different I'll go with six lies and one truth - or rather, six almost truths and one truth.

Now if I could just get which one was completely true...

I'll try for #7

Molly Daniels said...

Going for #1 as the truth...

(gentle pouting) I nominated you weeks ago! And you're just now getting around to it? Kidding....actually, don't know if I actually NAMED you....I'll have to check.

Molly Daniels said...

Okay, so it wasn't weeks ago; it was May 10th! :PPPPPPPPPP

Carrie said...

HA! Molly, I had no idea that you named me...if I did know, I guess I forgot! Besides, Sandra named me on the 5th or something like that! Just didn't have time before then!

Keep the guesses coming! I'm having such a total blast with this! lol!

Gracen Miller said...

LOL Thanks for the nomination, Carrie. *huggles*

Hmmmm...I think number 1 is the lie and the rest are truths. LOL What the heck do I know, right? lol It'll be interesting to see which ones are true and which are false.

Carrie said...

Ok, I found a typo in one of them - it was supposed to be college football referee, not an NFL...oops!