Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, May 7, 2010

PHANTASM FRIDAY

Mothers Day Pictures, Images and Photos
Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers!! We hope you have a very special day!

Mother’s Day seems to be as commercialized as Valentine’s Day, Halloween and Christmas. And I get asked every year by my husband and two sons, “What do you want for Mother’s Day.” Typically my response is “nothing” because I seriously don’t need anything. This year, I gave them something and got three scrunched up faces! *throws hands in the air* What I learned, they don’t what to buy me what I want, but only what they want me to have. How screwed up is that?!? And I wasn’t even asking for anything expensive. Sheesh!

Mostly, I’d rather have a gift that comes from the heart, like something homemade. Homemade gifts can be found littering my home until they practically rot to dust in their spot. Those are the gifts I cherish. Some of the favorites I’ve received so far are book marks with their fingerprints on them, little ceramic dogs and cats painted with enthusiasm for me, cards with their misspelled words of love, but most of all, I’ll remember the smiles of pride when they hand me those gifts and their big hugs when I exclaim over them. They are as proud of those gifts as I am!

So, this is an early Happy Mother’s Day to all of you! Tell me your favorite Mother’s Day gift, or just your favorite Mother’s Day event. Or tell me your fondest memory of your Mother or an Aunt or someone that was like a mother to you. Let’s celebrate early and thank all the mothers for kissing our scrapes and cuts by praising all of them today!


Maxine Mothers Day Pictures, Images and Photos

3 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

I got an early present a few mins ago; a colored paper bouquet pasted to a sheet of construction paper, along with a paper 'hand' holding it and the words 'I Love You Mom From W...' painted across the top and bottom. Very original!

And for Cinquo De Mayo, daughter S presented me with a colorful tissue paper hybiscus with a wire 'stem'. "Happy early Mother's Day...' she said:)

All I want is to not have to cook, and be left alone to write or catch up on my DVR'd shows...is that too much to ask, LOL:)

Gracen Miller said...

Aww...I love those two gifts, Molly! I'm sooooo jealous! ;-)

Ooo...I like your Mother's Day wish!! Hope you get it!!!

I made my mother a plant hanger out of wood in shop class one year. She still has it and uses it! My step-mother also took me to a ceramic place where you paint crafts and I painted a little girl figurine for my mother for mother's day--I was somewhere around 10 or 11. She still has it too, just now it's proudly displayed with all the things my sons have made her over the years. So, proof us mothers (and grandmothers) love the homemade gadgets and trinkets the best.

Happy Mother's Day, Molly!!

Molly Daniels said...

Happy Mother's Day Gracen:) I'll take pictures of 'em and try to post them next week. I also have a ceramic elephant from K last year...and a dog coming from S pretty soon:)

And I still have the 'grandma' plaque K gave me in kindergarten!