Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cyber Prizes

I know most Monday's are usually manic and chaotic, but what's a Monday without a little fun and mayhem, right?

Living in the Milwaukee County area for my entire life, when I want some affordable fun and mayhem, I ask my husband to take me out to one of our local comedy places, Comedy Sportz, or CSZ. One of the funnest things with CSZ is it's impromptu and they LOVE audience participation. In fact, they warm up the audience by making them repeat certain phrases and the show will not continue unless the audience responds loud enough to be heard by the Ref, or emcee. One of the phrases the audience must say comes after every time the Ref says the word, "you." He'll say something like, "For this game, we need help from you --," and he waits for everyone in the audience to say, "the audience!"

Just for fun, every time I used the word you, I put the word audience in [], which means this is your part to respond because I need some help from you [the audience!] today!

I decided to create a little mayhem by asking for the input of you [the audience!] on daily cyber or virtual prizes.

With my experience, some cyber prizes are highly sought after and people clamber over each other to get them and the competition can get quite fierce. I've had some just "yanked" right out of my hands! Of course, that makes me want the prize even more!

The fact that our daily offerings don't seem to be too hot yet has me, as Webmistress, wondering if our offerings aren't "spicy" or "fun" enough. I figured that, you [the audience!] would be the best ones to ask.

Does our Golden Smooch seem too impersonal? In other words, do you [the audience!] need a picture of a man or woman (even if it is a sketch) instead of lips to make you [the audience!] say, "Yeah, I want that smooch, I gotta have that one!"

Even though a virtual cookie has no calories, do you [the audience!] wonder what's the point of winning one when it can be made at home or tastes better when it does have calories?

Honestly, I want to know what you [the audience!] thinks. As readers, your input is very important to me (don't forget Gracen and Margay too!). So, I ask you:

What, in your opinion, makes a cyber prize so great and cool that you [the audience!] want to be able to say, "Yes, I got [insert prize name here] today!" and do a virtual happy dance to boot?

If you [the audience!] could choose a different cyber prize for us Moonlighters to offer, what would it be?

I hope everyone has a Merry Monday and have enjoyed your time here today! We look forward to hearing your input.

Please visit Milwaukee CSZ the next time your in town, their ballet parking is awesome! Yes, I do mean ballet, he/she wears a tutu and everything!

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

Being fairly new to the blogosphere, any kind of cyber prize seems neat as long as it feels like it's given for something for more than mere existence - it's a pat on the back, makes you feel like despite lack of experience, talent, etc, you (the audience) did something right.

Sierra Wolfe said...

Well, I like the idea that you have cyber kisses and cyber cookies. It's really neat. But, if you want to mix it up some, you could alternate what you give on different days. Perhaps one day you could award the cyber hottie, and another, give the cyber kiss, etc. You could even make it surprise prize, where you don't know what you'll get until you win it. Everyone loves the element of surprise. Hope this is helpful to you [the blog host].

Carrie said...

Ooh, Sierra, I like that idea. That's got me thinking!

Congrats to Sheila for being our first commenter of the day! She wins the Golden Kiss!

Congrats to Sierra for winning the Cookie kiss today!

Okay, let's keep those comments coming!

Carrie

Sierra Wolfe said...

Glad I could help. :D

Gracen Miller said...

I like the idea of a cyber hottie. LOL And the idea of spicing it up a little from week to week and sometimes them not knowing what they're going to win.

Thanks for your comments, Sheila & Sierra!

Margay Leah Justice said...

I like the idea of the cyber hottie, too, but perhaps we should mix up even more with something like:

The person who comments on the most posts during the week wins the cyber hottie

Margay