Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TANTALIZING TUESDAY

Last months interviews were so fun, they decided to let me come back in March! Call me Aine this time around…

Before we begin, I must remind everyone of the Moonlight Mistresses boring rule to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – *eye roll*. However, they haven’t seemed to care about double entendres, so let them fly!

My guests today are, Robert Wacaster and Katie Benson – please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from Queens, New York. Their tale can be found in A Writer’s Love Story, and A Writer’s Engagement, two novels created by Robert Wacaster.

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, *

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!

Aine: Please, Robert, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Robert: Well, I had flown into New York to talk to my publisher. My first book was an unbelievable smash hit and they wanted to talk to me about signing a contract for more books. I walked into my editor’s reception area, and there she was. She was so beautiful, but looked so sad. Her watch had broken, and was laying on the floor. I went out right after talking to the editor and bought her a new watch to brighten her day. And things just moved on from there.

Aine: Katie, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Katie: Oh, he was so sweet that first time we met! I had just broken up with a guy who I’d been seeing. He was married and had kids, but I hadn’t known that when we were going out. And Robert came into my life just when I needed him most, I think. I’d never had anyone treat me the way he did, so yes, I think it was love at first sight.

Aine: Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you both feel about this?

Katie: Well, for us...after we met we had spent the first weekend together, and then he had to leave. They were making a movie out of his book and he had to fly back to California. So we only had that first weekend at first. We really weren’t together. We called each other all the time, but I still really missed him. And then my ex boyfriend started stalking me. But I didn’t want to tell Robert because I didn’t want him to worry about me.
Robert: Yeah, we really had a communication problem at first. She was being stalked and didn’t tell me, and I was having stress problems coupled with finally finding a woman I really cared about, but she was thousands of miles away. So even though we were calling each other, we really weren’t talking.

Aine: I see. So you two had just met, fell in love, and then had to part? Robert, would you say that your relationship developed easily or would you say there was some reluctance?

Robert: I think it developed easily, we just really had to learn to talk to each other. That’s quite a challenge over a phone. She never wanted me to worry about her, and I didn’t want her worrying about me. And to add to things, I had some major writer’s block and couldn’t seem to do anything after the first book. She helped me a lot with that.

Katie: *Smiles at him and puts her hand on his leg* You always had the writing in you, honey. You just needed to find it again. I don’t think I really did that much.

Aine: How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Katie: I think I knew on our first date. He had taken me to dinner in this quaint little diner near where I lived. He was so sweet, he wouldn’t look me in the eyes. He told me beautiful women made him nervous. And he was one of the first men who ever really...talked to me, I think. He opened up a little then, and I knew he was the one.
Robert: Yeah, she did scare me to death at first. *chuckle* When I picked her up I was dressed pretty casually, and she was all dressed up in the fancy dress.

Katie: It wasn’t that fancy!

Robert: Oh, it was. She had thought I was going to take her into Manhattan to some fancy place. But instead we went to this little cafe. I took her there because I thought it would be quiet and we could get to know each other a bit.

Aine: Robert, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Katie?

Robert: It really was the communication. Even today, we sometimes don’t listen to each other, but we’re working on it. We tried to learn from when we were apart and always calling each other. We do always try to tell each other everything now. Of course, that’s harder than you might think.

Aine: This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Katie: I don’t know. He just kind of...sailed into my life. Even when my little sister Jill tried to run him off, he stayed. He’s quite a guy!

Robert: Yeah, Jill. She really didn’t like me much at first, did she? She threatened to call the police on me when I came to pick you up for our first date. *chuckle*

Katie: That’s because she thought you were my ex! She hadn’t met him, and you were just some guy who showed up on our doorstep with some flowers. She meant well.

Aine: I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Katie, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Robert would _____?" *leans forward to eagerly hear your response*

Katie: I wish he would stop spending all his money! I mean it’s one thing to buy a few nice things, but for crying out loud, he bought my sister a BMW after she had been really nasty to him! He spends, and spends, and spends. He has absolutely no money management skills at all!


Aine: . Robert, would you prefer to give Katie a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

Robert: Probably the back massage, because as you can see, she’s bubbly enough right now.

*Katie sticks her tongue out at him*

Robert: Seriously though, she does like bubble baths. We were driving from New York to Florida to meet her parents, and we had stopped at this hotel. Her sister Jill was long on the trip too, and both women told me when I got the room to make sure it had a bathtub. So she’d probably enjoy the bath more. Although I could probably give her a back massage in the tub, if it was big enough? *He grins at Katie. She smiles back lovingly*

Aine: How many of you remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Let’s see how well you two know each other. Robert, what would Katie say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

Robert: Probably just a kiss. Whenever she kisses me, usually I’ll end up giving her anything she wants. I mean...not...well, yeah, if...uh...I didn’t mean that as... *He begins to blush*

Aine: Katie, did he correctly guess your answer? How would you have answered that question?

Katie: Yes, probably a kiss. I can also easily get him in the mood just by rubbing his back, too.

Robert: Yeah, rubbing my back. I do like that.

Aine: So I guess Robert’s really a physical kind of guy? A few touches here and there and he’s yours? *sits back in his chair* Robert, what would Katie say is a spot guaranteed to drive you crazy with passion? Is she correct in that assumption?

Robert: A desk. *He bursts out laughing*

Katie: That’s not funny! When we were in Florida seeing my parents, we had met one of the neighbors who it turns out councils couples. My sister had taken us to his office for a free session, and while he was out of the office we kind of...

Robert: We got frisky on his oak desk. Then he came back in and caught us.

Katie: *Glares at Robert* That wasn’t funny, Jill was horrified!

Aine: I guess Robert likes things high and hard, and made of oak? *readjusts his position in the chair* It’s time to cool things off just a tad. Katie, as far as you know, what is Robert’s idea of a perfect date?

Katie: He always does the most romantic things for me. But the perfect date for him? Probably watching baseball with my dad.

Aine: Robert, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Robert: Yes, Ms. Sarcasm is right, I do like baseball. But my perfect date is anything I get to do with Katie. Ordering out food and then watching a movie at home, I even sometimes like going shopping with her. But don’t let her find that out. *chuckle*

Katie: I know you hate shopping, Robert. You don’t have to pretend for this interview!

Aine: Robert, your turn in the hot seat. What is Katie’s idea of a perfect date?

Robert: Either buying clothes, or dressing me up. Doesn’t matter where we go, she just likes clothes. I’ve never been a suit and tie guy, but that’s how she always wants me to look.

Aine: Katie, is he correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Katie: He’s being an idiot. He does this on purpose when he gets bored. I do let him wear t-shirts and jeans whenever he wants to! I just expect him to look presentable when we go out. But as for a date, like he said, anything we get to do together. As long as he behaves, that is!

Aine: In your adventures, journeys or travels, have the two of you had the chance to have the “perfect date,” or the closest you could get to one? Where did you go and what did you do?
Robert: Honestly, we never really did go out that much. After we got together, we just sort of...clicked. We really didn’t have that many dates, per say.

Katie: It was the night he proposed. We weren’t out anywhere. We were still at my parents, and he was watching baseball with my dad. I had gotten a bit jealous because he was more interested in the game than me, and ended up dumping a lot of tabasco on him. I guess it’s kind of like pepper spray? It was an accident, but I felt so bad. I went into the kitchen really depressed, and he changed into a shirt and tie and...*sniffs and wipes a tear* He was so sweet! And he came and proposed to me!

Aine: Tabasco? So I guess you could say it was a really hot proposal? I want to switch gears just a bit. March has close connections to Ireland, and as many of us acknowledge, Ireland is steeped in myths and mysticism, as are many Native American tribal beliefs. Katie, Robert Do you believe in this type of mysticism? Have you had any experiences that helped you develop these beliefs?

Katie: No, not...not really. Robert...?

Robert: I believe we were meant to be together. That things happened to bring us together. Sometimes the world just works out.

Aine: So your relationship was predestined? Just meant to be? Katie, Robert So you believe in fate and destiny or are most things just a happenstance of coincidence? Why do you feel the way you do?

Katie: I guess some things were meant to be? I mean, Robert and I were brought together, and so were Jill and Ben, I guess?

Robert: Jill is her sister, and Ben...well, he’s our marriage councilor. It’s...kind of complicated. They liked each other, but had a hard time getting together, and then...I don’t know. I do think what’s supposed to happen will happen.

Aine: So there is more than just your love story at play here, isn’t there? Interesting. Katie, Robert Where do you see yourselves in 5 years?

Katie: Well, Robert’s proposed, and we’re planning our wedding right now. I do want to have kids, but we are getting a bit older. 32 isn’t too old for kids, is it?

Robert: No, not too old at all. In five years we’ll probably have a five year old. I can see us starting a family and having kids in five years.

Aine: I’m sorry folks, but that’s all the time we have for today. Thanks to Robert and Katie for joining us today and giving us some great answers. We hope you’ll check out their story, A Writer’s Love Story, and A Writer’s Engagement.

To learn more about their author, Robert Wacaster, visit: http://robertsvegasadventure.blogspot.com/

Blurb:

After finding out the man she was seeing is married, Katie is heartbroken. But the heartbreak doesn't last long when a best selling author named Robert walks into her life. He's charming, caring, and seems to be everything she's ever dreamed of in a man. But does she really know him? And can she handle a long distance relationship with Robert when he has to leave New York for California? Can Katie and Robert truly find happiness together? Or will this be just another "Writer's Love Story?"

Excerpt:

He walked back into the small reception area, and over to Katie’s desk again, “Hi, I don’t think I really introduced myself properly earlier, I’m Robert.” He smiled as he held out his hand.

Katie looked up at him and slowly reached out to shake his hand with a small smile, “I’m Katie, did you forget something? I didn’t know Mr. Goldstein wanted you to come back so soon.”

“No I uh…this is kind of awkward, but I …uh…” Robert began to blush a deep, scarlet color, “It looked like you were having such a bad day, and your watch was broken. I just brought you something to maybe cheer you up and make your day better.” He held out the Tiffany and Co. bag.

Katie looked at the bag and her breath caught in her throat. The small smile dropped from her face as she looked at the bag, “This is from Tiffany’s.”

“Yeah, little place a couple of blocks from here.”

She looked up at him and almost had to remind herself to breathe, “For me? But…I can’t accept that!” The thought that Robert was married and just wanted to use her for sex immediately came into her head.

Robert smiled and set the bag down on her desk. He reached inside and pulled out the small, wrapped package and held it out towards Katie, “Go on, open it.”

She looked at the package he was holding and was almost afraid to touch it. As she looked up into his eyes, he was smiling at her. He’s so handsome, she thought to herself, something’s got to be wrong with him. She slowly took the package and unwrapped it. As she opened the case, she let out a gasp.

“I can’t accept this, this must have cost a fortune!”

“Sure you can, your watch broke. Go on, I want you to have it.”

“I…I…I,” Katie stammered.

Robert reached out and took the case from her. He removed the watch and gently took her left hand and turned it palm up. He then pulled the watch from it’s case and buckled it on her wrist. He took hold of her hand again as he turned it this way and that, admiring the watch.

“It fits perfectly! And it looks wonderful on you!”

Katie looked at the watch on her wrist and felt emotion welling up inside her again. After a few moments, she jumped up from her desk and wrapped her arms around Robert’s neck, tears spilling down her cheeks. She pulled him close crying.

“Oh man, I thought it would make you happy, not sad!”

“I am happy!” Katie sobbed hugging him close.

Robert put his arms around her waist and gave her a quick squeeze, “Wow, you’re an emotional one, aren’t you?”

Katie leaned back with her arms still around his neck and looked into his eyes, “Thank you, this is the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me.” As she looked into his eyes, a small jolt of excitement passed through her. It was something she’d never felt around Stewart, or any other man for that matter. It was as if she saw something in his eyes.

“I think you’ve been hanging around with the wrong people then.” Robert smiled back.

Katie realized she still had her arms around his neck and quickly pulled them away, “Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to…”

“That’s ok, I rather liked it! Uh…I don’t really know my way around town and I’m kind of here by myself on this trip…would you maybe…uh…well, I was going to ask if you’d want to have dinner with me, but you probably have a boyfriend, right?”

“You’re married, aren’t you?” She asked, hesitantly.

“Me, married?” Robert asked, “No, not me. Nobody can stand me. I’m not married, are you?”

Katie sighed and shook her head, “No, but the last guy I went out with was married, and I didn’t find out until today.”

“Oh, no wonder you were so down in the dumps, I’m so sorry.” Robert said looking concerned, “Some guys are shitbags. So how about dinner?”

Katie’s thoughts swept back to Stewart, “I…I don’t know.”

“No strings attached, it might make you feel even better than the watch did! I know I’ll feel better.”

This drew a smile from Katie, “I do appreciate the thought. You don’t have a girlfriend somewhere, do you? This isn’t some…?”

“No, no girlfriend.” Robert smiled, “It’s just me, single me.”

Katie smiled looking at the watch on her wrist, “Ok…maybe. When would you like to go to dinner?”

“Is tonight ok? I hate eating alone in the restaurants here, I always get funny looks.”

“Ok, yes.” Katie smiled up at him. Something about him gave her a warm feeling inside, “Yes, I’d like to have dinner with you.”

“I don’t really know New York. Can you maybe call me when you’re ready to go? I can give you my cell phone number if you’d like.”

“Yes, I think that would be ok.” Katie smiled, “I’ll call you after I get off work. I can take a cab or something to meet you.”

“No way, the publisher said they would provide me with a car service if I wanted to go somewhere, I can drop by and pick you up so you don’t have to take cabs and spend money just to see me!”

Katie looked into his eyes again, part of her looking for any bad signs. Anything that would tell her to stay away from him. Looking into his eyes though, she just felt that same, warm, excited jolt. She held out her hand towards him.

Robert took her hand and shyly shook it. He then wrote down his cell phone number on a post it note on Katie’s desk. Katie wrote down her cell phone number on another post it, and handed it to Robert. He winked at her and walked back out the door with the same happy, carefree walk he had left the office with earlier. Katie sighed and turned to the computer on her desk. Mr. Goldstein had said he was one of their authors, and she wanted to find out everything she could about him before dinner.

Amazon links:

A Writer’s Love Story:http://www.amazon.com/Writers-Love-Story-Robert-Wacaster/dp/1448686423/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1300078720&sr=8-3

A Writer’s Engagement:http://www.amazon.com/Writers-Engagement-Robert-Wacaster/dp/1452866589/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300079608&sr=1-4

1 Moonbeams (comments):

An Open Book said...

Great Job Robert- always the man of humor who keeps me laughing- great interview