Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, June 19, 2009

Tarot Card Reading....

Hi, all! *wave* I hope everyone has had a wonderful week and hope you have an even better weekend! :-)

Tarot Cards. I do not know much about them. The concept and idea fascinates me. But then any anything and everything supernatural fascinates me. I have been tempted to buy a deck several times, but have always resisted the urge because of fear basically. What if I bought them and screwed them up? I don’t even know if that’s possible, but I don’t want to take the chance either. But what if I bought them, did it right and got a scary reading for the future or something? Honestly, I think I’d rather not know.

In preparation for this blog, I visited a free online Tarot reading at Tarot Lotus, http://www.free-tarot-reading.net/. Thanks to Scorpio, a/k/a Alessandra, for this website. I did this in fun, because I am not sure I believe in a tarot reading that is computer generated, but I will not discount it either. There are forces at work in this world that are way beyond my knowledge and understanding. And I was able to relate almost every card to my question. So, accurate or not? What do you think? I would love to hear how accurate you think it is.

Here’s how it went

First off, I was supposed to focus on my question while quieting my mind. No easy task when there are 4 boys in the house at that time. ;-) I did the best I could and asked about the future of my books.

This is what I got

Strength card: It predicts that regardless of my past challenges, I will find not only the strength, but also the courage, to succeed. It went on to say that if I was looking to overcome a bad habit, now was a good time to do it. I’m thinking my obsession with the television show Supernatural and my fellow Bust Dean Outta Hell Brigadiers does NOT count because I’m not looking to overcome that at all and do not consider it a bad habit. I’m sure my husband would disagree. ;-) But, since this reading was about my books, the only bad habit I can think of is my inability to stick to a strict writing schedule. I tend to allow myself to become distracted easily. So, maybe now is a good time to set aside a couple of hours each day to write at a particular time. I’m just not sure how I’m supposed to tell the world and life to take a flying leap during those hours. *shrugs* Any suggestions are extremely appreciated?

***********

The Hermit card: It suggested that I want to know what to do at this time and that I felt somewhat lonely at this time. LOL! Lonely? I’m rarely lonely and I often would prefer more alone time. I tell my good friend that being with people over-stimulates me. I don’t mean this in a bad way, I love people, but I need that downtime of being alone to reboot, so to speak. I could probably thrive as a literal hermit at times. Sad, I know, but at least I know myself this well. So, I’m wondering how does this apply to my books? The only thing I can think of is I’m not listening to the voices in my head (my characters), but instead I’ve been ignoring them and putting them aside for life. So, yeah, I guess in that respect, I do feel lonely. I actually feel better, more focused, and more alert and I’m a much happier person when I’m writing. It’s kind of like exercise…so, why do I deny it from my life?

***********

The Temperance Card: It suggested that I was afraid that the harmony in my relationship or life is not going to last. Harmony? Are they serious? The cards obviously do not know my life. Harmony does not reign in my house among my relationships or life. I certainly do not worry that a rival is going to disrupt my household. It did say that I needed to be patient because life would soon have normalcy again. Yeah, right. I have two boys actively involved in sports, not counting the boys in the neighborhood that visit daily, so my life hasn’t resembled normal in ten years. How harmony relates to my writing and books stumps me. I’m open to suggestions and ideas though. Maybe it means I'll get back to the harmony of writing soon.

***********

The Hierophant Card: It tells me that help is here. YAY. But I have to ask for it. Yeah, I’m not so good at this. If I ask for help, then I really should have asked for help weeks ago. I don’t like bothering people with my troubles, so tend to bottle them up and keep them inside until I burst with the need for help. It goes on to say that if I’m anxious about making the correct decision then I know someone that has the right moral fiber to help. That’s pretty cool, don’t you think? It suggested I could receive counsel and honesty from a teacher (hmm…okay, gotta think about who this could be), pastor (LOL, he’d kick me out of the church if he knew how demoralized I am) or parent (my parents are too critical as it is at times, so don’t think I’m asking for advice from them), or anyone else I might highly respect (that is actually doable). Now, as it relates to my writing and books, I do actually ask for help. My friend, Bridgette, is a whiz at creative genius. Too bad she doesn’t put that to use in the written word, but she’s an awesome source of help! Thanks, girl! You’re awesome and I’m so happy to have you!

***********

The Star card: This cards means that I am in a period of disturbance and stress and that I am afraid and cynical that all my hopes and dreams will be dashed. Um…who doesn’t suffer from this a little? Especially if they really want to succeed at a life-long dream, like with my writing? While this may sound negative, the card went on to say that any of the bad luck I’ve been having (and I’ve had a lot lately, which is unusual really because my life tends to rock along without any major upheaval) is primarily down to your self-doubt and negativity. (Not sure how this is viable, since my bad luck has been more centered toward house and health.) It encouraged me to have faith that my luck will change. Thank you! Best news I’ve had in a while.

***********

The Empress Card: It tells me that now is a fertile and creative time. Woohoo!! I need a creative and fertile time! I am to expect only the best if I’m contemplating starting a creative mission. Hmm…just so happens I have one going on at the moment. One is the sequel to my currently unpublished book that stars Aysha as the angry witch and Rogh as the frustrated, desperate vampire. The sequel is about Aysha’s sister, Azira and Beld, who is a god from another dimension. Okay, so the card goes on to tell me that this is a time of wealth, pleasure, happiness and encouragement, with best of all, a solid underpinning for future progress. WOW! I am loving this card. Can I sleep with this one under my pillow and receive a double dose of it? Anyone know?

So, that was my reading. What’d you think? Any suggestions for me? I recommend you take the plunge and visit Lotus Tarot at http://www.free-tarot-reading.net/ and get your own personal reading. Whether you believe in it or not, it was fun. Have a great weekend everyone! Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for our weekly Saturday giveaway! I promise, you won’t want to miss it!

0 Moonbeams (comments):