Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm Busy Reading

Hey there,

The Elfin RealmSorry that I haven't posted sooner, but I was busy reading Linda Dawda's, The Elvin Realm and lost track of everything.

I know this is a YA book, but it isn't just for kids. The effect of this book was kind of amazing to say the least. While reading about the kids in this book and about how they transformed from children to young adults for their journey, I was being transformed into a little kid along the way. At one point, I was so distracted from the book by childhood memories of playing outside and some of the adventures I had that I had to laugh. I've read these kinds of books before, and I can tell you, I never felt like I had been transformed into a kid! It wasn't the fact that the characters were kids, it was the fact that their actions and how this unfolds is done so believably that it just draws you in and before you know it, you're hooked!

Seriously, I had woke up and had the lights off, trying to fall back asleep but all I wanted to do was read the book and I really wanted to just read by flashlight! I didn't have one, so I turned on the light by my bed and read some more into the not-so-wee hours of the morning. Then I slept again, woke up and made this post.

What about you? Have you had a similar experience reading a book? What was the name? What happened in the story? How did it transform you?

I can't wait to hear about your reading adventures!

Carrie

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

Harry Potter - it was so English it brought back loads of memories. Elvin Realm sounds like something I'd love, so thanks for the introduction.

Carrie said...

Hey Sheila,

That's cool to know that HP did that for you! Isn't it a neat feeling when you can feel that carefree again, as you did when you were young?

That's what took me by such surprise!

Carrie