Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, July 31, 2009

Too Busy to Think

It’s been one of those weeks. Have you ever felt like you were going crazy? Or were too busy to think clearly? That’s been my week. It started off with my son injuring himself at football practice. While the doctor’s don’t believe he broke his wrist, the fact that he’s complaining of pain over a growth plate is cause for concern apparently. So, he received a nice, bright red cast on his arm. We go back next Wednesday to remove the cast, x-ray it again and reassess.

That doesn’t get you out of football practice though. Oh, no, apparently there is plenty he can learn even though he cannot catch the ball or tackle anyone. Between both my boys, I am at football practice six days a week. I’m developing a hatred for football right about now and it’s just begun. *curls into a tight ball and whimpers*

Amidst all the football practice, we’ve had karate classes this week because my boys are scheduled to test next week. Yes, we need to add one more sport into my household. Say, ‘Brain the Mom’ sounds like something I could really enjoy right about now. Yes, that was dry sarcasm and no, I really don’t want to play it. But…give me another week and I may brain myself. ;-)

I registered my oldest son for middle school Wednesday and three hours and three-freaking-hundred dollars later, he’s officially a middle schooler. You know the cost of registration roughly came out to one hundred dollars an hour. Who knew middle school was so expensive. And this is my free public education!!! Wow…is amazed…how much would it cost if I had to pay for it? *insert heavy dose of sarcam and rolling of the eyes*

On top of that, I’ve been cleaning all week…kind of like spring cleaning in the summer. It’s long overdue, but I’m exhausted and running on fumes, I’m ready to kill half my family, they’re probably ready to kill me and I’m told tonight that my in-laws are coming in the morning!! *bangs head against the wall* I don’t mind them coming, I truly don’t, but a little more notice would have been appreciated! Enough notice so I’d have known to actually sweep and mop the floors, or clean the guest bedroom.

So, I apologize for the delay in posting. But I am humbly thankful to Carrie for reminding me that today is Friday and NOT, in fact, Thursday. *facepalm* Calgon…take me away! Or better yet…Jensen Ackles, take me away!!!! *sighs dreamily at the fantasies that riot through my head*

*hears a whip snap and bolts straight up in the chair* Right…back to work!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Carrie said...

Wow Gracen, I thought you just got rid of ...er I mean, had a visit from your in-laws not too long ago?

I know that I sure would not want to have my house be plagued (oh, sorry, did I actually write that?)... oh wait, I mean taken over, no, that's not right... I know filled, yeah, that works, with relatives as often as yours has been t(he past what, two months?)

Hang in there because as Howard Jones says, "Things Can Only Get Better!"

I hope your son has a speedy recovery.

Carrie

Gracen Miller said...

*laughs at your inlaw comments* Yes, sadly, my mother-in-law was up the 2nd weekend of July. Lately it seems I have a revolving door when it comes to visiting family. It makes me want to pull out my hair somedays. In fact my mother is scheduled to visit the weekends of August 15th and August 29th. And my father-in-law told me tonight that they were going to be up so much that we were going to get sick of them.

Um...no...I'm about to move and not give my new address to anyone! >:( Right now, it's just a little too much all the time between the kids and family visits. I really do need a break from life and because I'm taxing the kids around so much lately, I've gotten little to no writing done, which always puts me in a foul mood.

The part that drives me nuts is that they'll ask my husband if it's okay to come, but he doesn't check with me first. I always give him the courtesy of asking before I tell my mother it's okay to visit. Which is what happened today apparently. He said it was okay YESTERDAY and didn't bother to tell me until tonight!!! *thinks murderous thoughts of husband* KIDDING!!

Thanks for the speedy recovery wishes. I hope we go back next Wednesday, remove the cast and another is not needed. *crosses fingers and toes*

"Things can only get better," huh? I wish I really believed that right now.