Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, July 17, 2009

PUCKER UP! IT'S HEART HEALTHY!

I was floundering for topics this week and so I started searching the web. While rambling about cyber-space and coming up with nothing my husband asked for a goodnight kiss. The lightbulb in my brain—it was as bright as a flood light—flipped on and I thought awesome topic! LOL

Kiss me once, kiss me twice

Come on pretty baby kiss me deadly

Kiss me once, kiss me twice

Come on pretty baby kiss me deadly

Sorry, but those lyrics of Kiss Me Deadly by Leta Ford slashed through my brain when I started my kissing research.

So, I did a quick search on the web and found 10 benefits to kissing. Yes! You heard right. There are benefits, healthy benefits, to kissing! Woot! Now, I’m not saying it is accurate information, but it was fun, so let me give them to you:

1. “Those who kiss their partner goodbye each morning live five years longer than those who don’t.”

Pucker up baby because I’m expanding my living years to 105! LOL I've always said I wanted to live to be 100, so why not 105? But seriously, the thought that a simple kiss each morning can make you live five years longer than those that don’t pucker up. Wow! That’s a better excuse to pucker up each morning than any other I've ever heard of.

2. “Kissing is great for self-esteem. It makes you feel appreciated and helps your state of mind.”

Hmmm….okay. I’ve never thought of it like this before. Personally, I like hearing “thank you” to make me feel appreciated. But, a “thank you” and then a kiss could mean I’m extra appreciated.

3. “Kissing burns calories, 2-3 calories a minute and can double your metabolic rate. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (at least lasting 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound! It's time to start that kissing diet!”

Oh, hell, yes! Finally a fun and easy way to loose weight! Woot! Woot!! Kiss me baby one more time! Kiss me! Kiss me! Kiss me! Kiss me all night long! Who knew losing weight could be so much fun!

4. “Kissing is a known stress-reliever. Passionate kissing relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being, lowering your cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.”

Oh, yeah, there is nothing more relaxing than a nice kiss. Makes all my world worries melt away.

5. “Kissing uses 30 facial muscles and it helps keep the facial muscles tight, preventing baggy cheeks! The tension in the muscles caused by a passionate kiss helps smooth the skin and increases the circulation.”

More reasons to stay puckered up! It makes us look younger! This just gets better and better!

6. “Kissing is good for the heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes your heart to pump more blood around your body. Frequent kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.”

Well, why didn’t my cardiologist say this before? I love getting the heart pumping this way! lol

7. “Those who kiss quite frequently are less likely to suffer from stomach, bladder and blood infections.”

Hmm…interesting again. So us kissing fiends are healthier in more than one way. Kiss away!

8. “During a kiss, natural antibiotics are secreted in the saliva. Also, the saliva contains a type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.”

Again…interesting. I don’t think the drug companies want this to become common knowledge! The anarchy that would ensue if we knew drugs weren’t needed, but kisses instead! Let's go green together baby and kiss the infections away! LOL

9. “Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the 'noise' in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace.”

ACK! *slams down on the brakes* Now, wait a minute. I don’t want the 'noise' to stop in my mind! It helps me write! *kicks a can* This is the first not good thing about kissing. *sulks*

10. “The endorphins produced by kissing are 200 times more powerful than morphine.”

Let’s kiss baby and get high together! LOL Who knew!

I hope everyone has a naughty weekend! And pucker up as much as possible! It's heart healthy and it's free! lol
Mwah!
~~~~~~


NOTE: All photos were taken from Photobucket. No copyright infringement intended.


~~~~~


And on a special note, an author friend, Kenzie Michaels, has received some awesome reviews for her new book, All She Ever Wanted, and I wanted to share them with you! Congratulations, Kenzie!!!!!

Four Stars from Sensual Erotic Romance & Erotica 24/7. Read the review here: http://sensual.ecataromance.com/index.php?p=2375




5 Moonbeams (comments):

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!

I also received a TOP PICK from Night Owl Romance Reviews...4.5 Hearts:)

Great post! Who knew kissing had added benefits, ha ha!

Love ya:)
Kenzie

Sheila Deeth said...

Congratulations Kenzie!

And thanks for some fine facts to share with my better half tonight.

Gracen Miller said...

Aww...you're welcome, Kenzie!! And that's awesome on the Night Owl Romance one too!!! Did you send that one to me and I just missed it? lol At this point, anything is possible. lol I'd scream "Calgon, take me away!" if I thought it'd do any good. :D

Gracen Miller said...

Hi, Sheila! You're welcome for these facts. I don't know how true they are, but both articles quoted the same stuff, so you'd think some of it is at least a little true. It made for a fun trip into cyberspace anyway. lol

Have a great weekend with lots of smooches! :D

Margay Leah Justice said...

I always knew there was a reason I loved kissing! ;-)

Congratulations, Kenzie!

Margay