Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Friday, May 29, 2009

Your Three Wishes are Granted!

Genies! Other names for Genies are Jinn and Djinn. They date back to Islam and pre-Islamic Arabian folklore and they were thought to be either good or evil. According to Wikipedia, Genies are mentioned in the Qur’an and in Islam Satan was the iconic genie that refused to bow to Adam when ordered by to do so by Allah.

Okay, enough of the history lesson. When I say Genies I think of the show I Dream of Jeannie—a classic, right?—and Charmed, the episode where Phoebe was tricked into trading places with an evil Genie. Brought to mind is even the Supernatural episode where Dean Winchester is trapped by an evil Djinn (genie), the Genie creating an alternate life in his mind, while the Genie slowly drinks his victim’s blood.

So, I got to thinking…what if I found a Genie bottle? What would I ask for? The classic of course, made popular by beauty queens is the world peace response, but I wanted to go further, be a little more shallow and self-serving. :D

Imagine for a moment…

Sea salt is pungent on the air, the moon full and bright, emitting beams of light. Hand-in-hand with my love, sandals dangling from my fingers, the cool surf rolling in and washing over our feet, before receding back out, I look at the man beside me and smile as the wind whips my hair into my face. Pushing it out of my face, I stumble over something, my love catching me. We retrace our steps and find a bottle. Intrigued we hurry back to our condo to get a better look.

In the fluorescent light, the bottle is a smoky shade, swirling a rainbow of colors within its murky tint. The stopper appears seamless against the rainbow glass.

“Beautiful,” I mutter, thinking it’s nothing at all like the pink I Dream of Jeannie bottle I’d watched growing up. Unsure what I had expected, but this wasn’t it. Fascinated, I can’t take my eyes off the shiny texture of the bottle, transfixed by the coalescing rainbow that seemed to expand and move about the bottle, as if it were alive.

And that’s when it happens. Feeling compelled, I reach out and caress it. The stopper pops like a champagne cork wrenching gasps from us both as we stumble away from it. A male djinn appears in a smoky mist, better looking than any man has a right to be. Eyes as blue as the ocean, he peers at me, a sly smile toying with his sexy lips, “I will grant you three wishes. Make them count.” And then he asks the first of three million dollar questions, “What is your first wish?”


1. Happiness and Health — For my family (me included of course). Those are my first thoughts. But is that one wish or two? And does each person count as a wish? If so, I’m screwed because I’ve used up all, plus some, of my three wishes. LOL

2. Financial security — That would be so nice not having to worry about how to spread the income between the bills. And in this economy who doesn’t fantasize about financial security? It might not make me happy, but I think it would certainly make me less worrisome or stressed.

3. Best sellers! I’m making a huge assumption here, but I’m guessing mostly all writers would want their books to be published and become best sellers instantly! Right? LOL ;-)

Okay, so those were my first three wishes I came up with. If I had time to think about it, I might alter some of these, but I answered off the top of my head.

I challenge you to come up with your perfect three wishes? There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. Have some fun! What would you ask for?

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Sheila Deeth said...

Not sure I can improve on your choices, so I hope the genie is generous in his interpretations when I meet him.