Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tantalizing Tuesday

My guests today are, Gabriel Raines and Mattie Baker – please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from Dallas, Texas. Their tale can be found in Against the Fire, a novel creation by Kat Martin.

Before we begin, I must remind everyone to please try and keep your responses to a PG-13 atmosphere – the Moonlight Mistresses' rules, not mine *eye roll*. Double entendres are acceptable and widely encouraged for events and phrases we don’t want our young readers to really know about. Oooh, it will be so much fun trying to guess what you’re really saying!

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, draping his arm over the back and sipping his bubbly* That Miss Havana in Reaper’s Domain is one hot teacher and boy would I love to get into her…class! I might actually learn something…oh…did I say that out loud? *Clears throat* Sorry. Let’s get back to the interview.

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!

Cupid: Please, Gabriel, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Gabriel: It was Fate’s design--a chance meeting at the police department, though seeing as Mattie is an architect, maybe she had a hand in it.

Cupid: Mattie, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Mattie: Repulsive? Ohmygod, the man is a flat-out hunk. Not the kind of guy I should have liked, him being such a macho type, but then again, sometimes things just happen.

Cupid: Too true! This one’s for both of you. Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you feel about this?

Mattie: I had to live with Gabe. He demanded it, since he feared for my life. Seems an arsonist was trying to burn him out and he was afraid I might become one of his victims. He also demanded that if I slept there, I slept in his bed!

Gabriel: A wink and a grin. Tricked her, didn’t I?

Cupid: Ah, a man after my own heart! Nice one! *they exchange high-fives* This one is also for both of you. How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Mattie: I tried to fool myself for a long time. I just didn’t trust my feelings--or any man I had ever met. So it took me a while. Maybe it was the time I realized Gabe’s life was in deadly danger.

Gabriel: I was beginning to get the idea when we took off for a weekend at my little Hill Country ranch. But Mattie was tough to convince.

Cupid: Gabriel, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Mattie?

Gabriel: Convincing myself it was time to settle down.

Cupid: This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Mattie: Well, Angel, I suppose. He is such a sweet young boy and he worshiped Gabe.

Gabriel: My brothers--pain in the...that they are. They knew before I did that Mattie was the one for me.

Cupid: *uses a right pinky to wipe a tear from his right eye* Such touching devotion! I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Mattie, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Gabriel would just____." *leans forward to eagerly hear your response*

Mattie: Take me to bed...Oh, that sounds just about right.

Cupid: You're no shrinking violet! Gabriel, would you prefer to give Mattie a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

Gabriel: Oh, I’m all for a bubble bath...those nice slick bubbles and I get to rub them all over her lovely little body.

Cupid: Good choice! I wholly agree! How many of you remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Gabriel, what would Mattie say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

Gabriel: I know Mattie’s secret. She needs a real man. I’m man enough to give her exactly what she needs.

Cupid: Mattie, is he right? How would you have answered that question?

Mattie: (fanning herself). There is no way I can argue with that...(sigh...)

Gabriel: I believe in show don’t tell.

Cupid: *crosses ankles and rubs his chin* Gabriel, what would Mattie say is a spot guaranteed to drive you crazy with passion? Is she correct in that assumption?

Gabriel: All she has to do is get up on stage and wiggle that pretty little...of hers.

Mattie: Why should I contradict him?

Cupid: Mattie, as far as you know, what is Gabriel’s idea of a perfect date?

Mattie: Gabe’s a man’s man. Probably a pizza, a beer, a football game and a long night of hot, steamy--

Cupid:*clears throat, coughing, "PG-13 rule!"* Gabriel, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Gabriel: I like to think I’m a little more sophisticated than that--at least some of the time. The last part is just fine.

Cupid:Can't argue with that! Gabriel, your turn in the hot seat. What is Mattie’s idea of a perfect date?

Gabriel: She’d like to go to an art opening, maybe supper at a fancy restaurant, then a long night of hot, steamy...you know. (Grin) So you see we aren’t all that far apart.

Cupid: Mattie, is he correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Mattie: I’m flexible. I can go fancy or not. The last part of the date is always the best part.

Cupid:So true, even if you're getting spanked!*smirking* The next two questions are for both of you. What's the most romantic thing your lover has ever done for you?

Mattie: Gabe sang a song just for me, knowing he has the worst voice on the planet. It was really sweet.

Gabriel: I’m not about to tell you the things, my lady has done to please me. Let’s just say it was hot, and that’s my idea of romantic.

Cupid: If you could change one thing about your relationship, what would it be?

Mattie: We haven’t been together long enough for me to find that out. At the moment, I’m still in the Gabe’s Perfect stage.

Gabriel: She could be a little less independent, I suppose. Though I’m kinda getting used to it.

Cupid:Oh L'amour! Have the two of you had time to settle into any Valentine's Day traditions?

Mattie: I better get roses and candy and a great night in bed.

Gabriel: I expect two things. I want to see my lady in a pair of red thong panties, And I want a great night of--

Cupid:*coughing, "PG-13 Rule"* Thanks to Gabriel and Mattie for joining us today. We hope you’ll check out their story, Against the Fire.

To learn more about their author, Kat Martin or to read an excerpt, visit: www.katmartin.com.

3 Moonbeams (comments):

Flora said...

I just know that these little vixens are hiding something from me! I'll figure out what it is!

Kat Martin said...

Why don't you look beneath the covers! kat

Flora said...

Ooo! I like your style Kat! I'll have to check there! :)