Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, February 3, 2011

TWILIGHT THURSDAY

A CUPID INTERVIEW

My guests today are, Jaron Cardew and Gwen Bjarnson– please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from British Columbia. Their tale can be found in The Sweater Curse a novelle creation by Leanne Dyck.

Before we begin, I must remind everyone to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – the Moonlight Mistresses rules, not mine *eye roll*. Double entendres are acceptable and widely encouraged for events and phrases we don’t want our young readers to really know about. Oooh, it will be so much fun trying to guess what you’re really saying!

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, draping his arm over the back and sipping his bubbly* That Miss Havana in Reaper’s Domain is one hot teacher and boy would I love to get into her…class! I might actually learn something…oh…did I say that out loud? *Clears throat* Sorry. Let’s get back to the interview.

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!

Cupid: Please, Jaron, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Jaron: Our meeting was a happy coincidence. I'm a self-published author. I meet Gwen at a party where I was solisciting funds for my new book.

Cupid: Gwen, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Gwen: (laughs) Repulsive? He's gorgeous! I saw him and immediately wanted to see more of him (winks). Trouble is I wasn't alone in my desire.

Jaron: What do you mean?

Gwen: Oh, you know--

Cupid: This one’s for both of you. Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you feel about this?

Jaron: Nothing chaotic "forced" us together. We fell in love and I will always love--

Gwen: Really? I wish I could believe that.

Cupid: It seems you two have some things to work out. I'll give you a moment. *taps his nails against the sofa while staring at the Jaron and Gwen* Well, since it appears neither of you are going to take the initiative, we'll return to the interview. This one is also for both of you. How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Gwen: It was the way he looked at me; how he treated me; what he said. I'm an attractive woman and use to guys treating me like a piece of meat. Most guys don't care what I think or anything about me other than how I look on their arm. Jay was different. He spoke to me like a human being, but beyond that he knew want I wanted to be--who I could be. I couldn't help loving him. That's why it hurt so much when...when (bursts into tears)

Jaron: I don't understand. What did I do? I'd never do anything to hurt you. You know I won't. I'd rather cut my arm off than to do anything to...

Cupid: Jaron, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Gwen?

Gwen is still crying. Jaron, also obviously upset, tries to hug her. She pushes him away and is gone.

Jaron(collecing himself): Social status. We're from two different worlds. Gwen is a member of the upper class and I'm a struggling artist.

Cupid: Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Jaron: I'd like to thank Ronald Symthe for inviting me to perform at his party. Without that invitation, I know I would never have meet Gwen. Now, I'm sure you'll understand why I request we bring this interview to a close. Thank you for inviting me to speak with you.


Cupid: Thanks to Jaron Cardew and Gwen Bjarnson for joining us today. We hope you’ll check out their story, The Sweater Curse

To learn more about Jaron and Gwen's author, Leanne Dyck visit: http://sweatercursed.blogspot.com/ and http://www.oknitting.com/


Excerpt:

This isn't Heaven. It isn't Hell. And I'm not alive.

Picture this: a bus stop, tons of people packed into the same small space all waiting to continue their journey. Many buses stop here. Some passengers get off, others get on. Young children with sickly white complexions huddle together in the shelter. Teenagers with rope burns around their necks get off the bus.

Old men with bullet holes climb on.

Throughout this confusion, the only constant is me. I remain alone.

Why?

I don't know, but I must find the reason. I must examine my life to discover the momentary lapse. The wrong I've committed. The task I've neglected. It's my only means of escape.

Blurb:

Aspiring knitwear designer Gwen Bjarnson is stuck in Purgatory. To escape, she must re-examine her life, journey through her past and right a wrong.

But which wrong?

Young and in love, she works to establish her career, except fate has different plans. One rash act and she loses everything. Never resting, always seeking, and yearning for what she can no longer have,

Gwen faces the truth: if she remains, others are destined to die.

How will she solve the mystery before it is too late?

Web links:

Buy Link: http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=203&osCsid=ep6jlbnir3bacfp9floeovjqt7
Blog: http://sweatercursed.blogspot.com/
Website: http://www.oknitting.com/

7 Moonbeams (comments):

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you Cupid--I had fun. : )

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks for joining us, Leanne! I'm off to promote it right now!

And thanks to Cupid for taking over the Moonlight this month! *cheeky grin*

Huggles,
Gracen

Flora said...

Good morning, my lovely, Leanne. *winks* Care to join me on my sofa? *pats empty seat next to him*

Leanne, I enjoyed getting to know your characters. They're a lovely couple, but with obvious issues. Could you tell me how you conceived of their story?

Blows kisses,
Cupid

Kathleen said...

Quite an intriguing interview, Leanne. Now, if I could get my downloads to work. I went shopping on DP!

Ellen said...

Wow this definitely sounds like a neat book. Now I want to know what happens next!

Elena Gray said...

Hmm...now I want to know the history of Jaron and Gwen! That excerpt was perfect! It was just enough to draw me in and make me want to know more!

April said...

Oh wow!!! Now I am salivating to read this! Most excellent interview and ravishing book cover! Oh, yeah, the story sounds good too, lol!!